Vice President, Technology Product Development (Real Time Payments Platform)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Payments ecosystem continues to evolve rapidly and consumers and businesses are demanding real-time payments to anyone, anywhere. To enable these experiences, we are building a new Technology Platform in the Real Time Payments domain that will help drive fast and ubiquitous payments across a range of use cases that are secured and enabled via a rich set of value added capabilities.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies like AngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build these new capabilities, we are looking for a senior technology leader to fully own the definition and build of this new Real Time Payments platform.
Reporting to Visa’s SVP of New Payments and Open Banking, the Head of Technology Product Development for Visa’s Real Time Payments platform will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and oversight to a large team of technology leaders and developers implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput software systems that have five 9s plus availability
- Partnering closely with business to establish product development priorities and roadmap
- Owning the architecture, design and delivery of all related roadmap items
- Establishing a culture of engineering excellence
- Maintaining strong focus on security and operational excellence
- Driving the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables
- Managing outsourcing models to enable business acceleration efforts - Own related vendor engagement and governance models; Ensure deliverables meet our quality and timeline requirements
- Engaging across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Hiring top engineering leaders and talent; providing mentoring, coaching and guidance to your staff
- Driving developer productivity through engineering fundamentals and best practices
- Establishing a culture that values ownership, accountability and creates an environment that enables innovation and continuous improvement
- Bachelors or Masters with a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- 15+ years relevant work experience; 10+ years of technical leadership experience and 10+ years of people management experience
- Deep experience in building service oriented architectures and platforms
- Demonstrated experience in building systems software in domains that require high throughput and low-latency
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-native design principles and patterns
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across the team
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, grow, retain and lead high-caliber technical talent
- Deep experience of representing technology in client and business forums
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills - In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed to support the strategic goals
- Experience with online/ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems