Director - Identity & Authentication Product
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting into the Head of Identity, the Director – Identity and Authentication is responsible for developing Visa’s Biometrics product offering. This role requires innovation, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills to both leverage Visa’s current assets as well as drive new product development. This product leader will focus on driving significant double-digit top line growth.
The Director plays a critical role in envisioning and implementing best-practice product development processes that enable the organization to evolve existing products as well as launch new products that lead the world in identity, authentication and fraud detection and deterrence. S/he will be an product leader who understands the intersection of technology and business, with a deep knowledge of the latest technological advancements in biometrics, authentication and identity. This role partners with other product leaders, local market teams, and technology leaders to define and deliver relevant biometric and identity solutions for all of Visa’s clients and key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has experience with biometrics and authentication/verification solutions and has subject matter expertise in digital identity, biometrics, blockchain, encryption, payments, machine learning and data modeling. This candidate will be familiar with the regulatory environment Strong Consumer Authentication and the role biometrics can play in meeting those requirements.
- Provide out of the box, product leadership on biometrics product strategy and execution
- Evolve existing biometrics products and solutions that promote safety and security across the payments transaction lifecycle.
- Develop and build products and solutions that use the latest agile development practices and promote speed to market.
- Collaborate and work closely with talented product managers who combine strategic vision, technical competence and excellent cross functional leadership skills
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Adept across strategy, operations, and program management.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience product strategy and successfully executing against that
- Experience with acquisitions and integrations
- Experience driving change through an organization as both an evangelist and through others
- Experience running an operation and being accountable for customer facing outcomes
- A love of fact based decision making, passion for customer centric design and continuous improvements, insatiable curiosity, and excellent problem solving skills
This position can be based in Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Arlington, Virginia. Other Visa office locations (Denver, Austin, New York City) will be considered.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Less than 10% travel required.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.