Director, Digital Capabilities
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As Director, Digital Capabilities, you will drive the new digital payments related product initiatives including commercialization and launch activities across the Asia Pacific region. You will work across the full suite of Visa’s digital solutions to identify and deploy appropriate bundles to meet client and customer needs. In addition, you will work with the Consumer and Commercial teams to identify new digital needs for our markets and clients and work with the Design and Architecture teams to define, design, build and deploy new solutions.
This role requires strategic thinking and deep understanding of core Visa and Digital payment products, VisaNet processing in the AP context, as well as expertise on payment processing and card management platforms deployed by banks in the region. The role holder must blend technical, business and product management skills to deliver results that will have a business impact within and beyond Asia Pacific region, contributing to the success of Visa’s mobile and digital payment initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a structured thinker and creative problem solver capable of collaborating across multiple regional and global stakeholders with strong communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Lead/support strategic digital payment initiatives such as Visa Token Service within AP region by collaborating with mobile and digital payments colleagues in AP as well as in San Francisco.
- Define Visa business rules, technical specifications and product requirements in AP region related to Visa’s digital solutions to ensure that Visa AP requirements and interests are taken into account in global product plans for Visa Token Service and other relevant digital payment solutions.
- Be a subject matter expert for in-country teams and Visa’s clients on Visa’s digital solutions to assist with scoping, planning and implementation of digital payment programs across Visa AP taking shared accountability for the success of in-market implementations and compliance with program rules
- Communicate Visa’s digital payment solutions and go-to-market strategy to internal and external stakeholders including clients, regulators and industry partners.
- Interface with the market facing digital product teams tasked with product leadership, deployment, and integration services to rollout products like Visa Token Service, Secure Remote Commerce etc
What you will need:
- Business or Engineering degree preferred – masters advantageous
- At least 12 years of relevant payments processing and/or operational experience preferably in Asia
- Knowledge and strong understanding of payments processing, chip technologies, tokenization, NFC and mobile payments
- Strong ability to analyze technical specifications and explain complex technical concepts in simple language
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to drive consensus in cross-regional and cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy and detailed, flawless execution
- Flexible and proactive trouble-shooting capabilities with the ability to manage diverse groups organized within different organizational reporting lines
- Process-oriented problem solver who can adapt within a multi-tasking environment and simultaneously manage multiple issues and projects with limited resources
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills