Digital Partnerships Manager, Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Partnerships team is responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and managing strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals. Digital Partnerships works in Visa’s Product and Solutions teams (functions and services) and across the Visa Business Solutions, Merchant Sales and Acquiring and with Visa AP Corporate Development and Ventures teams to identify and pursue a new partner base of Issuing & Acquiring platforms, service providers and ecosystem participants in the payments industry across AP.
If you have good business acumen, take a solution-oriented approach, have Fintech industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Thailand, you should apply.
What a Digital Partnership Manager does at Visa:
- Support day-to-day relationship management for a select group of strategic partners, expanding Visa’s reach
- Conduct analysis of strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities that increases revenue for both parties through a deep understanding of the partner's business and evolving industry context, including payment strategy
- Support strategic opportunities from proposal stage through implementation by providing project management and cross-functional coordination
- Provide regular reporting, analysis on relationship status to senior management
- Support the market leader in developing overall strategy for commerce ecosystems or other ad hoc projects
Why this is important to Visa
As Manager, Digital Partnerships, Thailand, you will work to identify and implement partnership opportunities for large and complex partnerships, mapping the Fintech market landscape and assisting in embedding co-creation capabilities into the Thailand market. You will also support the rest of the Thailand Products and Solutions team in scaling the use of Visa credentials and solutions with new acquiring and issuing business - virtual banks, digital enablers (working with the Processing team) and large-scale platforms with material merchant or consumer customer bases. You will work closely with Hub teams to identify key partners, build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and execute against these to drive net revenue from these new issuance deals.
The position will require a structured and programmatic approach to building and broadening relationships with key players in the region. The Digital Partnerships team works closely with Visa’s Core Solutions, Data Solutions and Digital Solutions teams as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, CyberSource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. In addition, you will partner with the Corporate Strategy and Investment teams to identify strategic investment opportunities with third parties. You will ensure that this is in line with the overall product and solution roadmap and is baked into the overall commercialization plans for the partner.
Projects you will be a part of:
- You will identify new business opportunities for Visa and its partners, build relationships with Fintech players, and qualify opportunities with our prospecting partners in Thailand
- You will also be involved in structuring partnership proposals, and pitches to clients, to help Visa win new clients and deepen partnerships
- You will work with clients in Thailand, and the Visa cross-functional teams regionally, to co-develop and launch new products to the market
What you will need:
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, prior experience at Visa and/or payments industry is a plus
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and highly driven
- Ability to identify potential opportunities, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition.
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence management and other relevant parties
What will also help:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry