Staff Software Test Engineer - Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Commerce Solutions
Visa Commerce Solutions is a small start-up like team within Visa that works on to allow merchants new methods to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up.
- Take complete ownership of a product assigned from the point of test plan creation and perform different kinds of tests to ensure that a good quality product is pushed out to production
- Coaching other peer QA engineers.
- Make process related changes that ensures better quality of products
- Identify the potential flaws in the QA process and streamline the QA process
- Plan test schedules and drive execution activities to consistently deliver product on time and with high quality
- Provide clear visibility on plans, communicate issues/risks and progress to the team and leadership team to resolve quality issues on time and keep the project schedule on track
- Design, and execute API automated tests in Java environment using TestNg and Maven
- Design and execure front end automated UI tests in Java environment using Selenium webdriver, TestNg and Maven
- Convert existing manual test scripts into automated scripts
- Review and maintain existing automated infrastructure and add tests
- Write test cases and detail test scenarios, ensure their completeness, automation, and execution.
- Integrate test automation with build systems and drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Analyze the regression failures and strive to keep the nightly regression bucket clean
- Monitor and maintain the health of the existing regression test suites
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- Experience with Selenium Automation Framework.
- Experience using maven
- Experience with test development in eclipse
- JUnit and TESTNG Framework experience.
- Experience creating and identifying End to End integration test cases.
- Experience with source control system –Git
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.