Internal Communication Manager, CEMEA
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
You will support the Head of Internal Communications for the CEMEA region and play a pivotal role in contributing to the CEMEA Internal Communications strategy, helping to drive towards our Vision for the function. You will be responsible for building the content strategy and editorial calendar for our internal channels; incorporating our Employee Value Proposition (EVP) messaging, helping to evolve our CEMEA narrative and define our corporate culture.
It is essential you are able to write and edit engaging, accurate copy in English. If you have a journalistic background your skills will be beneficial, if you are an Internal Communications practitioner all the better! Having a good grasp of intranet management systems, as well as a good understanding of social/business networks and mobile communication platforms would be advantageous.
We work in a hugely exciting, fast paced environment which will demand that you are highly organized and comfortable juggling a multi-channel approach, ensuring scheduled as well as ad-hoc communication are issued on time. You will act as our ‘internal journalist’ and must be confident in working with all levels across the business to create a consistent ‘tone of voice’ which engages, informs and drives clear action.
You must be switched on to possibility, a team player ready to muck-in, yet able to understand the business impact of your work.
The role requires you to:
- Have highly proficient written and verbal communications skills, with excellent copywriting, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Write in plain English, removing jargon and ‘corporate speak’
- Demonstrate good project management skills to help others deliver their communications plans
- Pay attention to detail, especially when juggling a high volume of work
- Flexible in times of ambiguity or conflicting deadlines
- Be motivated to work to deadlines, even with competing tasks, and able to manage your time and resources to deliver on time and at high standard
- Passionate about effective and creative communications that drive behavior change and/or educate the audience
- Have high expectations and deliver quality results
- Be self-driven and trusted to “get stuff done”, self-confident and able to build your own relationships with key stakeholders
- Regularly show initiative in starting new projects or thinking of new ways in maximizing existing programs
- Play a key role in delivering Hub and CEMEA-wide Internal Communications programs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company’s vision, strategy and internal engagement, using this to inform your approach as a foundation for all of your work
- Support the Head of Internal Communications in the development of the organization-wide communications strategy and plan, collating a storyboard for our living CEMEA narrative
- Directly support and guide stakeholders in the communications strategy and delivery of their communications to certain audiences. These include HR, VisaU, IT, Finance, Social Impact & Facilities
- Support key stakeholders to create and deliver creative communications plans to educate our people and/or drive behavior change
- Foster and maintain positive relationships focused on delivery with key stakeholders
- Support the company in developing digital campaigns via office signage, Chatter (internal social platforms), as well as utilizing our other central channels (newsletters, intranet, videos, screenlocks, posters etc.)
- Work alongside the global team to ensure our central communications channels are fit-for-purpose and future-ready, particularly our intranet and internal social media network
- Support the Head of Internal Communications to evaluate results for leadership and key stakeholders
- Be an ambassador for the Communications team and for integrated communications requirements
- Experience in designing and implementing internal communications plans
- Have a thorough understanding of the internal communications channel mix
- Has experience in using digital channels, such as new applications and internal mailing platforms.