Lead Cloud Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Distributed Systems Architecture & Engineering (DSAE) team collaborates with product development teams, and other teams within Operations & Infrastructure organization on engineering, building and maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure and cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers’ growing needs.
If you're passionate about and experienced with cloud and containerization, you can be part of DSAE Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Team, which is responsible for the private cloud environment and associated infrastructure management solutions at Visa, specifically in designing and deploying multi-hypervisor based cloud and Kubernetes based container platforms. In this role you will be accountable for designing and building innovative cloud infrastructure solutions to support a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). Solid platform & virtualization know-how is a must along with experience with open source solutions to encapsulate the infrastructure, making it available as code to customers. Knowledge and experience with infrastructure management tools is also a key requirement. Prior experience with virtualization, containerization and deployment and management of distributed infrastructure at large enterprises is required.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 10+ years of engineering experience of enterprise infrastructure management solution - architecture design, development, integration, customization & implementation. Specifically in containerization, building scalable, reliable and secure container platform and management ecosystems, enabling application transformation microservices
- Solid knowledge on managing the life-cycle of containers, with an in-depth understanding of scheduling, security and compliance challenges and operational considerations
- Proficiency in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as Java, Node.Js or Go, and Docker Compose, Kubernetes deployment yaml construct and/or Helm charts
- Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and orchestration engine that enable infrastructure to be provisioned, configured, changed and decommissioned through infrastructure life cycle in automated fashion
- Working knowledge of databases, middleware components and web applications, good understanding of the principles of microservices architecture
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Communicate well with others both verbally and in writing and be able to effectively interact with peers, management and other outside contacts
- The ability to gather and understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- Self-confident, commands technical authority and respect at all levels
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
Key skills required (in the order of priority)
- RHEL Linux & Windows, container OS
- Good Understanding of network concepts, management protocols (must have)
- J2EE, Node.Js , Rest , Microservices
- Scripting - bash, Perl, Python or Go
- API and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing (must have)
- XML, JSON, yaml and their transformation
- Code repository & version control – Git or Subversion
- Design and implement agile innovative infrastructure solutions/infrastructure management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effective manage private cloud implementation(Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes) at Visa’s data centers across the globe, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
- Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable container scheduling and orchestration solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration. Identify and implement standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure management solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.