Business Development Manager, Loyalty (10-12 month FTC)
- London, UK
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Background and job purpose
We are currently looking for a senior commercially focused professional with a proven track record of new business development preferably working within the Financial Services industry, to join a fast growing and dynamic Customer Experience Product team which includes Loyalty, Advertising, Contactless and Transit products for Visa's Europe Region.
The Product team is responsible for development of innovative solutions based on Visa data, technology as well as collaboration with partners. As part of our portfolio we have a number of loyalty and advertising solutions designed for retailers and issuers that are driven from actionable insights and market intelligence. This new Senior Business Development Manager role focuses on creating and growing key business relationships with merchants, banks and 3rd parties in Europe.
The ideal candidate must be a dynamic, energetic and independent thinker with excellent customer engagement and communication skills. In this role you will:
- Drive sales of the rich and evolving product suite of offerings with particular focus given to the delivery of Card Linked loyalty functionalities.
- Directly working with a large portfolio of top tier merchants with an objective to grow our line of business
- Manage reporting on progress and revenue stream from the main loyalty solution and proactively delivering additional revenue streams
- Manage sales pipeline, reporting out weekly on performance with clear rationale for performance
- Responsible for the timely delivery of commercial contracts and the provision of all collateral required
- Ensure all agreed time measured KPI’s are achieved
- Identify, manage and on board required third parties to deliver additional functionalities or content across the European market.
- Manage internal stakeholders, supporting stakeholders across all markets
- Be comfortable with strategic engagement as well as diving into analytical and technical detail
- Working in a matrix commercial environment with central team based in the UK and Visa’ in-market team plus agencies
- Have a chance to work in an exciting commercial environment in a role that presents opportunity for growth and development.
- Happy to work autonomously in identifying and activating opportunities across all European markets.
The role will be based in the Visa's London office.
- Solutions Expert: provide subject matter expertise, fully understanding the product suite and its potential to drive revenue
- Results Delivery: Own and deliver on agreed KPI’s to deliver revenue
- Building and maintaining sales pipeline of both retailers and issuer opportunities
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain relationships will all internal and external stakeholders identified
- Working closely with Product Managers to deliver client feedback and input product roadmaps
- Communication: Communicate at all levels, both internal and external
Key skills and experience:
- Commercial business development experience ideally in the financial services and or loyalty industry
- Comfortable with operating in a complex matrix international organisation
- Sophisticated problem solving, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder engagement at all levels, including C level decision makers
- Be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record of closing large partnership deals with top 100 companies
- Dynamic, energetic and independent thinker
- Strong results delivery focus
- Eye for detail and proactive approach
- English (Spanish, French, Italian, German a plus)
- Come with existing strong network
- Experience in Loyalty and data-driven services
- Familiarity innovations in the digital space
- Sound understanding of data analytics and campaign management
- Experienced in presenting to C-Levels at top brands in Europe
- Card payments industry expert a plus
- Comfortable with frequent European travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.