Senior Vice President (SVP) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Lead Visa’s Global IaaS Engineering & architecture team/function across Data Center, Networking, Storage & Compute areas
Drive vision & strategy for Visa’s Private and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
Develop end-to-end infrastructure automation to enable agility for infrastructure lifecycle management.
Engineer private/hybrid cloud services to automate entire SaaS product management Lifecycle
Partner with product development & business stakeholders to enable velocity of product innovation via IaaS & automated hybrid cloud platform development.
Grow, manage and motivate a 300+ global organization
Interact with executives and/or major customers to continually evolve IaaS road-map/strategy
Influence long-term vision and strategy for the Operations and Infrastructure organization
Manage 3rd party IaaS software/hw budget & vendors.
Regularly produce key performance metrics to management and product partners
- SVP: 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 12 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD
- Solid understanding of Private Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience with DataCenter, Networking, Storage & Compute design/architecture/engineering
- Demonstrate knowledge of virtualization (VMware, HyperV), Containerization, Cluster management solutions and cloud technology landscape
- Strong track record of managing large scale global infrastructure with focus on security, reliability, scalability and performance
- Experience working in Agile framework and comfortable working in matrixed organization
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Payments industry experience desired
- Experience managing $100M+ budgets
This is a global role; incumbent must be able to manage multiple time zones.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 40% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.