Systems Engineer, Senior Global Endpoint Operations
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Provide Installs, Moves, Additions, and Cancels (IMAC) project management, technical advice and support to Visa Client institutions and processors to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded. Global Endpoint Operations manage the Endpoint Systems that connect the Visa's Client globally to VisaNet for transaction processing, clearing and settlement. The team is responsible for all technical aspects of the endpoint lifecycle from project initialization. The team is responsible for all technical aspects of the endpoint lifecycle from project initialization.
- Disciplined in detailed documentation and reporting of projects plan, project status and issue logs. Timely and accurate updating of Project Tracking System records and maintaining Global Inventory records
- Create and test implementation scripts for vendor's field engineers and support team for installation and activation
- Perform remote system Installation with on-site vendor engineer support, configuration and lockdown of Visa Endpoint servers
- Proactively work with Global Support groups and/or client or vendors to provide flexible and nimble solution for client issues and resolve system problems quickly
- Timely escalation of critical situations and any likely project risk that can impact project delivery scheduled to Director and 3rd Level support team
- Ensure that all server deployment follow Visa security guidelines and report any non-compliance
- Able to communicate and work cordially in global team with teammates from different culture and in time zone
- Work closely with both Support and Project team to ensure best-in-class delivery of solutions and support to Visa client
- Participate as a member of an on-call rotation to support multiple systems during off-hours
- Work evenings and weekends as needed
- Provide weekly reporting for CMDB and BASE II record
- Act as Change and AskNow Coordinator to ensure all incidents and changes are in compliance to ITIL and ServiceNow
- Act as Inventory Record Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely update of inventory
- Act as lockdown coordinator to ensure all servers going into productions are locked down and pass OAC
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor's degree in IT, CS or related field
- RHCE experience
- Foundational Project Management Certification
- 2 ITIL Practitioner Certification
- Shell Scripting, HTML, Programming or Scripting Language experience
- Understanding of XML, JSON and XSLT
- Encryption Security Technology like SSL and IPSEC
- Three (3) years working experience in IT Operations and Delivery
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under minimum supervision
- Ability to assess and analyze technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to write and speak in a second language Japanese or Spanish will be an advantage
- A keen interest to learn new skills and technology either through online resource or class training
- Project Coordination Experience
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.