Intern - Software Engineer (Bachelor's Degree) - Multiple Locations
- Austin, TX, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our summer intern program runs for 12 weeks, May - September. As a Software Engineer Intern, you could work in the following types of roles:
- Front End Development
- Backend End Development
- Full Stack Development
- API Developer
- Mobile Development
- Data Analyst
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
Software Engineer Interns will be placed in one of the following Technology Organization teams. Here is a list and brief descriptions:
- Network Processing: At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms and commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co- development.
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
- Digital and Developer Platform: Develop, deliver, and manage end-to-end technology products, services, capabilities, and solutions while collaborating with a global community of client, merchant, and partner developers to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets
- Data Product Development: Develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through internal and client-focused information-based services, business intelligence and insights, and data-driven product innovation.
- Data Platform: We deliver secure, high-quality and easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with reliable and scalable data platform as a service, that enable Visa internal partners to rapidly and efficiently innovate data-driven business products and services to lead the digital payment industry
- Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs, and continually evolves security and continuity capabilities to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes.
- Corporate IT: Build, operate and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, SW Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited to:
- Familiar with: JSON, REST APIs, MongoDB, AngularJS, ExpressJS, NodeJS, React
- Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, R, NoSQL
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, inventive and results oriented
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.