Senior Director, Head of Loyalty Solutions, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Head of Loyalty Solutions does at Visa:
Visa’s Head of Loyalty Solutions in AP leads the process of building capabilities and structuring partnership models, to deliver market-leading, contemporary customer engagement solutions that cater to our clients’ needs and provide the best cardholder experiences on the Visa network.
The role works closely with Visa’s Loyalty partners to ensure we capture commercial and strategic opportunities with our clients. The role also involves being both an advocate for our partners internally and acting as the Visa / partner specialist to Visa clients
You will develop business plans with sales targets (to generate direct revenues from the sales/usage of Visa Loyalty Solutions), internal education on the holistic value proposition, support the Visa internal sales team to represent the Visa / partner value proposition and sell the economic value of our partnerships to Visa clients in RFPs
As Product Owner for Visa loyalty capabilities in Visa Asia Pacific, you will work with the Consumer Solutions Hub team and the in-market Consumer Solutions and BD teams to develop and a support a sales pipeline. You will work with Visa’s Global loyalty teams and local/regional partners to continually define and deliver a set of Visa branded/affiliated loyalty capabilities that drive a competitive advantage for Visa.
Why this is important to Visa
Loyalty Solutions are an integral part of Visa’s business in Asia-Pacific and will expand significantly in terms of importance and financial impact in the coming years.
Against the backdrop of a payments market, which looks set to become more commoditized, it is more important than ever for Visa to develop, deliver and manage a set of capabilities that help generate customer loyalty to and preference for payment by Visa.
A key element of delivering for our clients and their consumers is providing solutions ‘where consumers are’ and in a way that they are motivated to use them – this means ensuring that the solutions we develop are digitally enabled and adopting a ‘digital first’ approach to execution
Loyalty Solutions is central to our migration towards a future where Visa payment is a digital experience, leveraging the internet of things
- 13 – 15 years of experience and at least 6+ years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in product development, product management & strategy
- Experience in financial services, fintechs, telecom, retail and ecommerce will be an advantage
- Proven experience in P&L ownership & sharp understanding of macroeconomics, consumer behavior, product operations, business processes
- Established credentials in delivering product & business solutions and keen interest in payment technology & innovation
- Strategic thought leadership coupled with execution bias to drive initiatives and meet key result areas
- Sound business acumen, analytical skills and keen understanding of new technology payment business models and profitability driver
What will also help:
- Master’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field
- Ability to speak in one or more major Asian language as well as English would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of network product, rules, technology as well as of Visa’s business and organization will be advantageous
Projects you will be a part of:
- Development and roll out a comprehensive pipeline tracking methodology across all regional client engagement cycles from first engagement to contract execution, including opportunity sizing across Asia Pacific and, where relevant, globally
- Leadership of loyalty initiatives across Visa’s loyalty partners, Visa Sales Operations and market business development teams to identify, prioritize and execute against a sales pipeline for Visa’s partnership Loyalty proposition across all Visa clients to grow, protect and win Visa payments business
- Identify consumer trends, habits and preferences that inform future loyalty solution development and partnership strategies. Provide the necessary insights to Visa and partner solutions development team
- Execute successful loyalty product & marketing strategies to drive preference for Visa amongst consumers and our clients and to counter competitive threats
- Work with Visa commercial partners to ensure the maximum financial and strategic benefit of the partnership, ensuring clear articulation of the value proposition for clients, development of sales kits and go-to-market processes, clear financial value models
- Develop solutions to address opportunities in the affluent and ultra-high net worth consumer segments to the Visa Affluent Travel proposition
- Work with Visa partners and internal to identify platform enhancements requirements to improve the overall customer experience
- Upskill the Client Relationship Managers (CRMs) on structuring of Visa financial support for loyalty and travel propositions