Senior Director, Head of Debit Solutions, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Head of Debit Solutions does at Visa:
As the Head of Debit Solutions, AP, you will be responsible for leading the commercialization and deployment of Visa’s Debit solutions and capabilities, a core product to Visa.
You will develop business plans with sales targets to generate direct revenues from the sales/usage of Visa Debit, internal education on the holistic value proposition, support the Visa internal sales team to represent the Visa / partner value proposition and sell the economic value of our partnerships to Visa clients in RFPs
As Product Owner for Visa Debit capabilities in Visa Asia Pacific, you will work with the Consumer Solutions Hub team and the in-market Consumer Solutions and BD teams to develop and a support a sales pipeline. You will work with Visa’s Global Product teams and local/regional partners to continually define and deliver a set of Visa branded/affiliated capabilities that drive a competitive advantage for Visa.
The role-holder will be responsible for demonstrating thought leadership in the area of ‘pay now’ and Debit products. You will implement portfolio enhancement initiatives to accelerate client business growth, working closely with senior stakeholders in client organizations, within Visa and with other key industry stakeholders.
You will work closely with CRM (client relationship management) & other functional groups such as merchant solutions, marketing, digital & innovation teams to lead successful efforts by Visa in winning new business and delivering objectives both FI and non-FI clients and partners.
Why this is important to Visa
Visa Debit is an integral part of Visa’s business globally, making up more than 50% of transactions and is a rapidly expanding business line for Visa in Asia-Pacific. Visa Debit is the leading way for consumers to access their own, ready funds in most of the markets in which we operate. Against a fast-changing payments landscape, ensuring that Visa Debit is fit-for-purpose for consumers, merchants and issuers in an increasingly digital age and remains a compelling solution across all consumer segments and generations, in all our markets is essential for the Visa team to achieve our goal of being the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
- 13 - 15+ years of experience and at least 6+ years of experience in the payments industry, preferably in product development, product management & strategy
- Experience in financial services, fintechs, telecom, retail and ecommerce will be an advantage
- Proven experience in P&L ownership & sharp understanding of macroeconomics, consumer behavior, product operations, business processes
- Established credentials in delivering product & business solutions and keen interest in payment technology & innovation
- Understanding of network product, rules, technology will be advantageous
- Strategic thought leadership coupled with execution bias to drive initiatives and meet key result areas
- Sound business acumen, analytical skills and keen understanding of new technology payment business models and profitability drivers
- Understanding of Visa business and organization strongly preferred
What will also help:
- Master’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field
- Ability to speak in one or more major Asian language as well as English would be a distinct advantage
Projects you will be a part of:
- Development and roll out of reporting on financial performance indicators for all Debit products across segments, consisting of gross/net revenue targets, A&P budgets, product metrics
- Market & segment expansion through identification of new use cases, deepening partnerships with existing clients and onboarding new clients
- Launching new solutions as a result of cross-functional collaboration using Visa’s products, capabilities/ or through fintech, processor partnerships
- Successful product & market strategies to counter competitive threats
- Implementation of product rules & compliance to Visa’s policies
- Manage ongoing client support activities, client consultation, project delivery
- Business planning, management reporting, analytics
- Campaign management & delivery