Certification Exam Development Manager
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa recently announced the launch of the first-ever global certification program by a major player in the payments industry. This announcement was made by Visa CEO Al Kelly to the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board (which includes prominent corporate, government and education leaders).
The Certification Exam Development Manager is a member of the School of Digital Payments (SDP) within Visa University. The SDP is a CEO-supported venture and the new certification program is a key part of this initiative. Our vision is to make Visa University the place everyone everywhere goes to learn about payments and get recognition for advanced knowledge, skills and abilities. We are looking for innovative team players who want to help drive execution in the certification space.
As Certification Exam Development Manager you will be responsible for leading the exam development for all certification exams and badging assessments. You will assist in forecasting and managing the quarterly and annual development budgets, including travel costs, vendor costs, and resources. You will be responsible for managing individual exam projects by leveraging established industry best practices and processes, working with SMEs and vendors, to drive exam development through each stage of the process to a successful publication. Your will work closely with other Visa University and School of Digital Payments team members to deliver certification exams on-time and to specification.
- Implement and maintain exam development processes that are aligned with ISO 17024 and NCCA best practices.
- Produce exams aligned to key business objectives and audience profiles including: appropriate cognitive complexity, alignment to training and alignment to certification framework models.
- Forecast certification development budget/resourcing needs
- Manage the scheduling and resource requirements for all exam development projects.
- Manage the publishing and translation of certification content through exam delivery vendors.
- Participate in the Visa credential strategies, policies, frameworks, audience profiles, marketing strategies, etc.
- Manage the exam development platform including user management, configurations, security, and support.
- Recruit, manage and maintain relationships with subject matter experts in order to help develop and design certification exams and assessments and keep them current.
- Compile and report exam performance/psychometric checks, to determine the exam update cadence
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
- Very strong exam development and/or instructional design background including 8+ years in certification exam development, preferably with experience at more than one high volume, certification program.
- Strong program management background, preferably in the technical education or certification services. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new concepts.
- Experience successfully managing development and operational budgets and any associated vendors.
- And experience implementing processes, policies, and systems that align with ISO 17024 and/or NCCA (National Commission for Certifying Agencies) standards for educational testing
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to come up with creative / non-traditional solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Strong self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Willingness to dive into detailed execution of projects.Experience working with psychometricians and their related work product outputs.
- Experience working with QTI and exam development systems
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Flexible to attend calls in different time zones supporting Americas teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Creativity, initiative, high energy level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed to deliver training.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.