Sr Director, IDSP, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Build, grow, and lead the IDSP team in India to develop and maintain end to end technical solutions while fostering innovation, leveraging new technologies, and strong customer centered service mindset. Shape a highly performant IDSP Dev team with top talents.
- Provide technical guidance to the team including architecture, design, and code reviews
- Project task prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Define success metrics and SLAs, as well as tracking them toward agreed target
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services including understanding user experience and ensuring happy customers through partnering with your product support team
- Develop roadmaps and execution plans to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies in your area by partnering with other stakeholders in DP and Visa
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives
- Instill best practices for software development and service execution. Drive for engineering excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, and productivity. Automation and reliability are the key for providing large scale services effectively.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the products and services in the IDSP development area
- Manage multiple vectors of change such as technology migration, location rationalization, in-sourcing and process changes while ensuring business delivery
- Foster innovation and leverage new technologies. Keep track of the industry development status of IDSP and DaaS. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals to expand our product line
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind security, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, flexibility, and cost
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and team player.
- 18+ years of industry experience in the web services, big data and/or large scale data platform areas, including 10+ experience managing and leading development teams.
- 5+ years of hands on architecture design and software development experience on complex large scale systems/platforms
- Proven experience managing the software development of highly available enterprise level applications and platforms as services.
- Deep expertise in the areas of web services is required.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as web services, scalability, high availability, data management, query processing, distributed processing, statistical, large scale platform, and data API
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge and experience on measuring a service from a user experience angle
- Passion for web services on big data.
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- More than comfortable in a fluid matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Experience managing and working with geo-distributed team is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.