Principal Product Manager - Installment Payments
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our users?
The Senior Product Manager role is responsible for building API’s and Platform services in one of the fastest growing areas in the Consumer Payments, Installments. You will define solutions across our assets as well as across partnerships or acquisitions that solve needs on alternative lending use cases for our global markets.
You will work closely with customers, product teams, engineering teams to define and build our Installments payment solution.
- Drive product feature definition, creation of user stories, story prioritization, release planning, and documentation
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies like standups, grooming, sprint planning, acceptance, etc. Work closely with engineering team to deliver a quality product
- Develop an understanding of the Visa product portfolio and how to leverage those assets to deliver on Installments product strategy goals.
- Balance technical and commercial acumen, and communicate solution feasibility that drive the biggest impact on the business and value to the customers
- Understand evolving needs and challenges of clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants, and ensure products are tailored to meet those needs
- Build an understanding of the installment landscape and solutions to introduce in that landscape
- 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 3 years of work experience with Masters/MBA; or a minimum of 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Product management experience with large scale complex products
- Launched software products and taken them from inception to ship
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Math or related field
- Hands on experience with agile software development practices; strong technical background and a proven ability to work with a team of developers
- Experience building API Platform products at scale with multiple integration points, data and reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of recent trends around enterprise-grade APIs and Platforms
- Experienced in all aspects of product development life cycle, including planning, product management, and development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong focus on client success. Customer centric mindset.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch and comfortable with ambiguity
- Aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate. Passion for driving payments innovation
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may require up to 15% of travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
- Degree from an institution in an analytical discipline or similar academic / professional experience
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines is also required
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Experience partnering with technologists using Agile or other expedited design and development methodologies a plus, but not required
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
- Strong modeling and analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing and growing internal, external and cross functional relationships
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
- Strong attention to detail and process management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral and written capabilities
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.