Senior Director, Global Accounts - Visa Direct Specialized Sales
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and under-served consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is an estimated $80T opportunity.
The Global Visa Direct Specialized Sales Team sits at the cross-section of sales and product with a mandate to accelerate growth for Visa Direct across the world. The team is uniquely positioned to develop strategic go-to-market insights and to translate those strategies into actionable outcomes for regional sales and product teams.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and internationally with Visa Direct product teams, various regional sales teams, and functional teams (finance, marketing/comms., & legal) to bring a hyper-growth product to market at scale.
The Global Accounts leader will be responsible for leading the sales efforts of Visa Direct key global and pan-regional accounts. This role works directly with clients and our Visa teams to bring the best Visa Direct solutions to our clients. Global accounts are critical to our success as they bring momentum to markets through their strong brands and commitment to innovation.
This is a matrixed, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical to success, as we interface with product, sales, operations, technology, and finance to coordinate the build, launch, and support of Visa Direct. We are looking for a highly motivated, positive individual who is comfortable in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines to join the team.
· Lead sales efforts for key Visa Direct clients
o Work with Visa Account Executives (AE) to target, plan and call on clients
o Co-lead the client sales conversation with the Visa AE
o Lead the Visa Direct solutionining conversation with the client, including the ability to discuss the technical, operational and risk management aspects of this complex product
o Enlist the global and regional Visa Direct Product and Client Readiness teams to help develop robust, global solutions for complex client needs
o Lead the pricing and deal development, including the approval process through global and regional review processes
o Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
· Lead Global coordination across Visa and the client
o Work to understand Visa’s sometimes complex organizational structure for global clients, specifically working with the global and regional client AEs across different part of the organization
o Work to understand the client’s sometimes complex organization and navigate through multiple decision makers and influencers
o Develop a consistent mechanism to ensure strong communication and collaboration, as we win as a team, and we can only do that if we have consistent coordination
· Lead co-sales efforts with global enablers
o Once our key global enablers are connected to Visa and have developed their payout product, lead coordination efforts with the client’s global and regional sales teams to help them sell Visa Direct
o Develop strategies and creative approaches to engaging the client’s sales teams and do joint sales activities where appropriate
o Coordinate with the client’s global sales executives to review performance, and make changes where needed
· 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
· 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
· At least 3 years of experience leading product commercialization or sales efforts
· Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge; experience in P2P, B2C or B2B use cases is a plus, but not required
· A strong leader who can navigate complex organizations with finesse; strong EQ
· Strong communication and persuasion skills – both written and spoken
· A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
· A client champion that strives to develop solutions that benefit both the client and Visa
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, while thinking big and leading executive messaging; strong organization skills required
· Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 50% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.