New College Grad - Systems Engineer (Bachelor's Degree) - Multiple Locations
- Austin, TX, USA
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Job duties and projects include:
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading z/OS operating systems and subsystems using SMP/E.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading various third party software tools.
- Working with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality.
- Working with vendors on software upgrades and problems.
- Aiding applications and operations teams with problem determination.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
Systems Engineers will be placed within our Operations + Infrastructure team:
- Operations + Infrastructure: For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, CS,or a related field, graduating between March 2019 - August 2020
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Fundamental knowledge in information security and hardening
- Fundamental IP network knowledge
- Basic knowledge or experience on Windows/UNIX/Linux Server OS.
- Basic knowledge or experience on Application servers such as Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, WebLogic
- Basic knowledge or experience on web servers such as Apache, IIS, IBM IHS
- Basic experience with a scripting language such as Bash, Ksh, Csh, Perl, Python, Jython
- Work with industry leading technology in Storage, Reporting and Automation (includes all leading storage vendor products).
- Participate in designing innovative solutions for highly secure, demanding and available environments
- Work with other partners in the organization such as support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality
- Work with vendors on software upgrades and problems
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers
- Structured approaches to system configuration management and implementation
- Able to communicate with client support and translate complex technical concepts into user-friendly terminology
- Drive to learn and motivated to advance in profession
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.