Director, Global Product Marketing, B2B
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Product Marketing and the Head of Next Gen Payments Products, the Director of Consumer and Issuer Solutions Product Marketing is a new role at Visa created to focus on products and solutions developed for our Financial Institution and Consumer audiences. You will be responsible for establishing yourself as a value-add member of the product team who influences the product roadmap through research, insights and clear understanding of customer segments and delivers the customer-centric messaging and go-to-market content that differentiate Visa with Partners around the world. You have deep empathy for our customers, and work with the product designers, product engineers and product managers to understand and advocate for them. You are a strategic thinker and obsessed with evangelizing Visa’s products and solutions to our current and future customers and partners in our Visa network.
You will collaborate across our global and regional marketing and communications teams to develop and deliver innovative programs and content that drive demand for Consumer and Issuer Products. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, and you will be the biggest advocate for the Visa brand – in everything from product design to communications. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and always have the data to prove what is working and what is not. You are an extension of Visa’s Product Organization, regularly collaborating with product managers, product strategists, engineers and sales that requires strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- You are well versed in product marketing in a fast moving environment
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Direct product marketing experience with a proven track record of driving rapid growth of innovative technologies
- You have prior experience using market research to inform product development strategies
- Strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive, and appropriate urgency
- Audience-focused mindset, with a demonstrated track record of discovering key insights
- You have strong executive presence with highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact
- You are a great team member who adds energy, ideas and fun to our team and corporate culture
- You have strong planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- You have solid financial and analytical acumen with strong ROI orientation
- Global sensibilities and an empathetic outlook with other markets and cultures around the world
- Familiarity with the marketing tech stack (sales and marketing automation and measurement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM and Google Analytics)
- Experience in social campaign strategy and programmatic ad display a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA and/or statistics background preferred
- Lead development of marketing strategies and plans that differentiate our offerings, communicate value to our customers and lead to successful and measurable outcomes
- Define a strong advocacy strategy for installments payment product, manage that our messages are compliant, and have the highest quality. Work with marketing team to deploy the strategy for product launch
- You will develop programmatic based solution to drive awareness across different target users
- You will develop best practices to optimize for usage across channel and message through both qualitative and quantitative test and learn strategies
- You will design frameworks that clients can apply to their marketing strategy and product launch execution
- Identify and deliver recommended tool kits for Financial Institutions and Sellers to leverage ongoing marketing efforts
- You will develop sales enablement strategies and content, including training and educational content to support account teams
- You will Identify and prioritize new areas of opportunity to amplify customer engagement
- Gather market intelligence and be the expert on the customer, who are they, how they buy and their biggest issues and opportunities, synthesize the deep insights to develop value propositions and messaging
- Perform market segmentation and targeting, developing buyer journeys and personas that help the team develop the right products and understand our market opportunity
- Be a Visa brand advocate, working across Brand, Product, UX/UI and sales teams to develop and integrate prominent Visa branding within the product experience
- Develop marketing playbooks for use cases that contain positioning, messaging, audience engagement strategies, campaign creative framework, media strategy and finished campaign assets to drive awareness, understanding and demand generation with targeted customers
- Align with global and regional Communications teams to identify priority events, then develop and deliver event content and engagement strategies to drive awareness of Visa’s offerings and engage targeted customers
- Develop digital content (web and social media) and engagement strategies, oversee site development and global rollout to optimize client engagement and lead generation
- You will collaborate with Product Management and Branding on the naming and description of new solution functionality so that value will be understood by market constituents
- You will study our solutions and services and be an expert at mapping benefits by the persona-based needs and challenges of our consumers and clients
- Partner with Global Product, Sales and Visa University teams to execute internal and external training programs and webinars
- Own and manage the marketing budgets for your portfolio, including ongoing management of agencies, production costs, and campaign planning to optimize investments that achieve business goals
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel domestically and internationally 10-15%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.