Compliance Quality Assurance Officer - Earthport
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as a Compliance Quality Assurance Officer, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
What’s it all about?
Earthport must monitor the effectiveness of the AML/CTF /ABC controls which ensure conformance with internal Policies, and the application of these controls by those performing them. The Quality Assurance Officer will use the 4-eyes principle in relation to counterparty due diligence, sanctions, transaction monitoring and Unusual Transaction Reporting/Unusual Activity Reporting.
Focus is on the following financial crime risks:
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
And on the associated monitoring and reporting obligations; including but not limited to:
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
The role of the QA officer is to ensure the application of controls within the compliance function are being performed with consistent rationales and justified analysis by those completing the task.
Quality Assurance is implemented to measure the comprehension of new team members and to maintain consistency amongst existing team members. Quality Assurance results can then be used to improve proficiency with training. Quality Assurance checks should also monitor the effectiveness of our screening controls in conjunction with the GCF policies and those performing them.
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- Maintain policy and procedure documentation relating to the role.
- Monitoring performance and consistencies across the function and feeding back to the Transaction Screening and Monitoring Manger
- Maintain documentation around rules management, including testing, changes and rationales.
- Determining training needs
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Develop an understanding of Earthport business operations and payment processes. With a deeper understanding of the roles and responsibilities within the transaction management function.
- Provide subject matter expertise and coaching.
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including other functions and departments, FIUs, law enforcement and regulators
- Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Keep up to date with compliance legislation and regulation, in particular, the EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive and the Second Payment Services Directive
What we’re after…
A relevant graduate degree or equivalent professional qualification/s (ICA AML, Compliance and/or Financial Crime Post-Grad Diplomas)
- Experience in a related environment (Payments and FX industry, compliance, regulation)
- Experience of coaching teams and individuals
- And/or related professional qualifications (e.g. graduate degree in law, International Compliance Association Certificates and/or Diplomas)
- Understanding of payments, FX and/or regulatory compliance
- Ability to research into compliance issues
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Experience in an FCA regulated payment or financial institution (PI or FI)
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
- Able to identify and utilise learning opportunities
Your Personal Attributes
- Motivated to learn and able to identify and solve problems
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Ability to follow a process driven task
- Confident presenting to key internal/external Stakeholders
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.