Client Consulting Manager Intern (Masters)(Bilingual Preferred - Spanish or Portuguese)
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) we are currently looking for a Masters intern to support the team on strategic consulting engagements in our office located in Miami, FL to support the Latin-American region. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous business experience.
VCA is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and fraud consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution or merchant optimize their product offering?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements, including participating in interviews, analyzing client’s data, summarizing key findings, and providing recommendations
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and insights in the data
- Develop financial models as well as client-specific presentations, which address executive needs. Also, deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Identify potential services as outsourcing of our customer’s internal business processes.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Pursuing a Masters, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- 4+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent client-facing communication, story-telling and presentation skills with ability to articulate findings in action-driven recommendations
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Ability to form hypotheses on client issue root causes and validate thinking quickly using data
- Knowledge of financial services, merchants or acquirers ideal. Previous consulting experience a plus
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Strong intellectual curiosity to understand the root cause of issues and how to drive value for clients
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet, data analytics/visualization packages, and presentation tools
- An interest in payments technology and its future, digital trends and user experience. Financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- Bilingual – Spanish or Portuguese
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
- Visa will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.