Sr. Staff SW Engineer (Business Solutions)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Staff Software Engineer as a full stack Java/J2EE developer for the Business Solution Product Development team. The Business Solutions Product Development team is part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions. Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation of online and data based applications
• Mentor and lead junior developers to ensure deliverable are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
• Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
• Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
• Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
• Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
• Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
• Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution.
• Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
• Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
• Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards & products, best practices and development methodologies
• Minimum 10 years of experience in design and development of large scale Information products and services using Java/J2EE technologies
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related technology/engineering discipline
• Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers
• Experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java and Spring/Springboot framework
• Experience in Tomcat or JBOSS is required
• Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins is preferred
• Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms is preferred
• Tackle the tough design and product problems
• Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies & JIRA
• Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverable and team deliverable
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
• Past experience in the Payment industry and/or Commercial Card products is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.