Lead Systems Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's the job? As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you will be responsible for maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally, including developing, designing and implementing enhancements, diagnosing and troubleshooting problems, and initiating corrective actions. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in analyzing requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a Lead Systems Analyst having experience working on Card Payments applications or products. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can deliver and support amazing, high- performing products.
Experience and knowledge of payment products and payment applications in the Authorization, Clearing and Settlement space is necessary. You lead and encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate in order to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Analyze requirements to develop functional requirements, system designs and design specification documents.
- Develop solutions to system technical issues and systems process issues. Adhere to defined software development lifecycle processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing, and approvals.
- Collaborate with business, IT development staff and other stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirements elaboration, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups in performing product support activities and analyzing enhancement requests.
- Analyze business requirements in order to design and implement business rules changes on the rules engine application.
- Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture and systems strategy.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products and services.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business and technical requirements
- Participate in design, code and test case review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business staff, and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the full application development lifecycle
- Work closely with project team members (other Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, Product Managers, etc.), and coordinate and interface with other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Operations, Engineering, etc.)
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- VisaNet domain experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience analyzing and designing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of application programming and/or programming languages preferred
- Willingness to learn from, and share your knowledge with other team members
- Must be able to write designs and specifications in both business language and technical terms and write documentation for all aspects of a project
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with some direction from management
- Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the “big picture” enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.