Senior SW Test Engineer - Hadoop & Java
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa is looking for a senior software test engineer for the Mediation team in Austin. Mediation team is responsible for pricing solutions that enable Visa go-to-market initiatives, such as new market entry, launch of products and services, new pricing & revenue schemes, and regulations. This is a cutting edge engineering team solving challenging business problems. It builds platforms maintaining complex pricing rules and processing billions of messages daily for pricing, billing and revenue purposes. The team is in the middle of transforming Visa pricing infrastructure to accelerate speed to market, enable more flexibility and ease maintenance.
- Member of a Scrum team working on both software quality assurance and automation
- Plan, create, articulate, execute, review and refactor manual and automated test cases
- Review and provide feedback on design and code, Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Write utilities / automation tools using Java, Hive, Shell scripts and CI/CD framework
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Setup and maintain test system configurations and test data against a wide variety of conditions
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts to optimize test coverage and trace to business requirements
Work with teammates in various locations that contribute to complex projects and multiple deadlines through the full development life cycle.
Display bigger picture approach to issues and scenarios beyond the scope of individual issues
Evaluate current procedures and practices and drive continuous improvement around processes and technical capabilities (i.e. automation strategies).
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor's Degree with minimal 3 years of proven development/testing experience or
- 2 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 3 years of experience in developing or testing large scale enterprise software systems;
- 2 years of experience in writing complex SQL queries for data analysis using databases such as MySQL;
- 2 years of experience in UNIX/Linux, able to develop scripts to automate manual tasks;
- 2 years of experience in Data Processing field using popular ETL packages or in Hadoop environment, extensive experience in building large volume complex test data;
- Working knowledge on Hive, Hue, Spark and rules engine is a plus
- Prefer knowledge of banking or payment systems from data and data processing perspective.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- The incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- The incumbent will be expected to travel <10%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.