Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Functions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance professional to join our Corporate Functions Finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will collaborate with the Corporate Functions team to develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making. They will drive end-to-end forecasting and budgeting processes for HR Benefits, and provide detailed monthly reports and analysis directly to Business Leaders. The position will involve delivering important insights to senior leaders and require expert-level analysis and insight skills to deliver clear and measurable impact to the business. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial and accounting, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience managing complex finance processes and experience engaging with business partners.
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis end-to-end for HR Benefits
- Interpret and present key findings directly to senior leaders
- Enable management by providing timely and accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for quarterly and monthly performance reporting
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization(s)
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions for new benefit programs
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables for optimal result
- Integration of finance into the business; attend team meetings/develop understanding of the business
- Prepare and develop tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with each business partner
- Timely, meaningful views on their business
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments; return-on-investment discipline
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting.
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work in a dual-reporting matrix environment
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principles
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.