- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Innovation and Strategic Design Manager for Mexico Innovation Studio is an experienced specialist in strategic design and innovation design methodologies that enables the core of Visa’s Innovation process. Skills include designing client and internal session plans, understanding business challenges, supporting and conducting primary research, facilitating the ideation of solutions, drafting product/services concepts, applying validation techniques and supporting workshop moderation.
- Use human-centered design to problem solving which starts with the needs, wants and limitations of people and ends with innovative solutions that meet those needs and wants.
- Collaborate with internal teams to scope business opportunities and design effective innovation processes and Client sessions, achieve a thorough understanding of collaboration opportunities.
- Foster and bring innovation, products and solutions that connect consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments, enabling them to use electronic payments instead of cash and checks.
- Go to market faster, with shorter development cycles, and be more agile in our processes.
- Design and create tools for Client sessions, as well as compelling presentations and prototypes.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Lead the Design User Experiences that are delightful and engaging
- Understand and advocate for the consumer's experience
- Manage Innovation Studio materials (technical resources, tools), generate and customize tools (physical and digital; templates, wire frames, visual designs, style guides, pattern libraries, inspiration materials, session recaps)
- Lead design research and user testing; manage agencies and resources; analyze results and generate valuable insights.
- Create interactive prototypes for demonstration purposes
- Digitize engagement materials and generate deliverables.
- Create quick mockups and sketches
- Present design concepts to Visa’s partners and clients
- Design and create presentations and templates
- Collect information for the innovation repository (observatory, trends, cases, maps)
- Support workshop moderation with Visa’s partners and clients
- Prepare engagement sessions, logistics and deployment
Strategic Nature, Accountability & Scope
- We are going through a transformation where we put innovation and the consumer experience at the center of our efforts. We have shifted our focus and now work side by side with our clients and partners to create the next generation of payment solutions that are more directly aligned with the marketplace and solve real-world problems.
- This evolution of our role leads us to think less about specific products and more about the payment capabilities that we offer, and about how our partners can leverage them to create the best consumer experiences.
- Considering this, Visa requires the internal capacity to tackle strategic opportunities through innovation. This position is key to accelerate the process and conduct it in an effective and timely manner. Also, this position will help the Innovation team depend less on external agencies.
- Position is expected to decide over tactical matters for which he / she is responsible for and to escalate the ones that require management involvement.
- Manager will have several internal and external relationships to address the opportunity.1 ) Internal: Innovation team in Miami and other Innovation Studios (globally), Products, Sales, Merchants, Marketing, Consulting. 2) External: Issuers, Merchants, and other Visa partner’s key stakeholder. Agencies, consultants, and the innovation and design ecosystem.
- Reports to Innovation Senior Director
- Interacts externally with vendors and Visa clients, as well as the innovation ecosystem
- Interacts internally with local Product, Sales, Marketing, Merchants, Corporate Communications teams in different levels.
- Advanced design software skills
- Research skills
- Project planning / management
- Ecosystem knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree. Graduate School/MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience in the payments industry is preferred
- Proven experience in corporate innovation
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage uncertainty
- Strong analytical ability to perceive trends and opportunities
- Strong written and in-person communication skills, including ability to develop business requirements, stakeholder documents, and other key communications
- Ability to manage and work well within complex, cross-functional teams
- Proactive and hands on
- Fluent in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law