Data Engineer, Global Data Science Center of Excellence
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for data engineers who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems. This position will be part of Data Engineering and Technology function in building and maintaining global data assets and issuer solutions. We are looking expertise in data warehousing and building large-scale data processing systems by using the latest database technologies. The Data Engineer takes responsibility for building and running data pipelines, designing our local data warehouse and data frameworks, and catering for different data presentation techniques. The position is based at Visa's offices in Bangalore, India.
- Execute and manage large scale ETL processes to support development and publishing of reports, Datamart’s and predictive models.
- Build ETL pipelines in Spark, Python, HIVE or SAS that process transaction and account level data and standardize data fields across various data sources
- Build and maintain high performing ETL processes, including data quality and testing aligned across technology, internal reporting and other functional teams
- Create data dictionaries, setup/monitor data validation alerts and execute periodic jobs like performance dashboards, predictive models scoring for client’s deliverables
- Define and build technical/data documentation and experience with code version control systems (e.g. git)
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity and consistency. Develop self-service reporting tools like Tableau or Power BI with KPIs and facilitate Visa Consulting engagements including data exchange
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable financial and statistical analysis for Visa Consulting and Analytics.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering teams in North America and other Global regions to production and maintenance of key data assets.
- 2 - 4+ yrs. work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of work experience with a Master's or Advanced Degree in an analytical field such as computer science, statistics, finance, economics or relevant area.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and associated technologies, (For e.g. Apache Spark, MLlib, GraphX, iPython, sci-kit,Pandas etc.)
- 3-5+ yrs. work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of work experience with a Master's or Advanced Degree in an analytical field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Economics or relevant area.
- Strong experience in creating Large scale data engineering pipelines, data-based decision-making and quantitative analysis.
- Advanced experience in writing and optimizing efficient SQL queries with Python, Hive, Scala handling Large Data Sets in Big-Data Environments.
- Experience with complex, high volume, multi-dimensional data, as well as machine learning models based on unstructured, structured, and streaming datasets.
- Experience with SQL for extracting, aggregating and processing big data Pipelines using Hadoop, EMR & NoSQL Databases.
- Experience with Visualization Tools like Tableau, Power BI, D3 and exposure to code version control systems (git).
- Experience creating/supporting production software/systems and a proven track record of identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks for production systems.
- Experience with Unix/Shell or Python scripting and exposure to Scheduling tools like Oozie and Airflow.
Exposure to stream-processing systems like Apache Storm, Spark-Streaming.