Director, U.S. Product Marketing for Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As part of the North America Marketing team, this position will report to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing and be responsible for leading U.S. marketing programs for Visa Direct, Visa’s real-time push payment platform. In this role, you will be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics needed to drive success in sales and marketing, ultimately delivering data-driven results. You must be an evangelist of Visa Direct to our customers and you will play an integral role in the product life cycle.
You are expected to develop a deep understanding of the playing field for real-time push payments across funds disbursement and P2P use cases:
Knowing and understanding our clients better than they know themselves, including what they need and how they make their buying decisions
Having extensive insights on our competitors, what they are doing today and where they are going in the future
Deep understanding of market dynamics - including regulation, consumer needs and trends
You consistently back up strategic insights with market evidence and use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales teams to be successful. You have an innate ability to grasp and present the value propositions of our products and solutions in a way that resonates with customers and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
You will collaborate across functional teams to develop and deliver innovative programs and content that drive demand for Visa Direct. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, and are imperative in your ability to represent the brand in everything from product development and design to communications. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and always have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You are an extension of Visa’s Product Organization, regularly collaborating with product managers, product strategists, engineers and sales; it is a balancing act that requires strong relationship-building and diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Lead development and execution of B2B and B2C product marketing to support Visa Direct, including development of sales enablement tools, audience educational content and engagement strategies, video and website content, and market research.
Work with select clients/partners to plan, develop and execute co-marketing campaigns that drive customer and end-user acquisition and Visa Direct usage.
Gather market intelligence, being the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria and then synthesizing the deep insights to develop value propositions and messaging.
Be a Visa brand advocate, working across Brand, Product, UX/UI and Sales teams to develop and integrate prominent Visa branding that helps drive attribution back to Visa for helping deliver the experience.
Budget management and forecasting, including ongoing management of agencies, production costs, and campaign scenario planning to optimize investments that help achieve business goals.
Oversee agency resources to execute various marketing initiatives.
Key Internal Partners:
- North America Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Global Product, Product Marketing and Brand teams
- Global Communications
- Analytics and Research teams
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- Bachelor’s degree required/MBA preferred
- 8+ years progressively responsible business experience in B2B Product Marketing or Product Management, ideally in real-time or debit payment solutions
- You are well-versed in the latest developments and best practices in B2B marketing, including account-based marketing, persona marketing, audience segmentation, lead management and reporting attribution
- You are well-versed in modern digital marketing practices and ability to assess marketing technology capabilities
- Understanding of customer journey lifecycles and demand funnel marketing across product, marketing and sales functions
- You have prior experience developing and managing partner marketing programs
- Strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive, and appropriate urgency
- Audience-focused mindset, with a demonstrated track record of discovering key insights
- Strong executive presence with highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders to deliver on-strategy and on-time project deliverables
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Solid financial and analytical acumen with strong ROI orientation
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.