Graduate Cloud Automation Software Engineer - Autumn 2020
- Basingstoke, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The European Automation team is part of a global team responsible for the development, support, continuous improvement and delivery of our internal Cloud provisioning and automation platform.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experiences that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform, such as requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you will create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You will also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces, services and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Be a proactive player and have a passion for delivering zero-defect, high-quality code
- Collaborate with team members, locally and globally, in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Partner with Product Management and our customers to deliver robust and usable solutions to meet functional requirements
- Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality
- Look to the future and help identify new trends, design patterns and technologies that ensure we continue to deliver the best solutions
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our basic requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2020, ready to start full-time work in September
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a STEM/technical field
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java and Spring framework
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases
As part of the role you will also gain exposure too:
- Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their API's
- Monitoring and logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch and/or ELK stack
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.