Sr. Product Strategy Manager / Market Research Lead
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more.
Global Alternate Distribution team is the innovation team within Visa Direct focused on expanding Visa Direct through alternate channels such as software platforms, service providers, Fintechs etc. We do market research, identify target clients and drive end-to-end implementation of Visa Direct. We engage with strategically important global platform and software service providers that are critical to the success of Visa Direct across regions. The team is responsible to come-up with the new ideas, use cases and build partnerships to grow and scale Visa Direct.
The person will be a key member of the team defining product strategy to expand Visa Direct through non-traditional channels. The role will primarily support Accounts Payable segment– by doing Market Research, Business Development, Client Engagement and Product Strategy & Management
This will be a client/partner-facing and broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (sales, marketing, pricing, legal, risk) and with leaders from some of our largest partners. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Perform market research (using internal and external resources) to identify and assess Visa Direct opportunities in new segments such as QSRs, Accounts Payable innovators, Payment Hubs etc. Define global and regional opportunity size (TAM, SAM and SOM) and recommendation on opportunity assessment to get buy-in from senior executives
- Develop segment strategy and game plan to penetrate into the new segment by collaborating with broader Visa product organization
- Use Visa internal and external data to identify pilot client and/or partnership opportunity
- Partner with Sales and Visa Business Solutions team to drive business development activities for Visa Direct and secure the first mover
- Work with a product SME to define Visa Direct use cases and design business/technical solution
- Work with cross-functional teams within Visa to design Visa Direct implementation plan suitable for the client – redesign or repackage product offering if needed
- Work with the Visa Direct partners to drive product adoption and scale
- Scan market for competitive players or others
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- BA/BS required. Post Graduate degree in Business Administration strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of product commercialization/strategy or management consulting required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payments industry in product or consulting role required (preferably in Supplier or Business-to-Small Business payments)
- Deep understanding of different kinds of payment methods and processing including ACH, cards and checks
- Good grasp of Payments ecosystem, players, business models etc.
- Strong ability to do market research (using internal and external sources), opportunity sizing and developing recommendation for senior executives
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in market analysis
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENT :
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
Travel to client location may be required
- Experience in leading end-to-end client engagements representing product
- Have worked for Accounts Payable innovators or Treasury Management Solution Providers or Payment Processors serving small and mid-size businesses
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.