Sr. Associate Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for products under the Consumer Payment Architecture umbrella that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven technical and payments company. We are seeking a seasoned leader with experience leading teams, scaling critical programs, and a track record of strong partnership with product and customer service leadership.
As the Sr. Associate Product Manager, you will be leading complex cross-regional and cross-functional product operations initiatives across Consumer Product Architecture teams supporting all of the services APIs, as well as support day-to-day product operations as needed under the direction of CPA Product Managers. Additionally, you will act as a reconciling bridge between business stakeholder initiatives and developer priorities as a part of the Consumer Product Architecture Management team.
Complete day-to-day product operations tasks across multiple services, including but not limited to;
- Producing monthly reports for management and external clients, including delivery of reports
- Monitoring/working multiple product email inboxes
- Assisting with monthly manual billing across multiple services
- Completing monthly product SLA reporting
- Working with internal and external customer service teams to resolve service issues as well as cardholder specific issues
- Create and track production incident tickets
- Create and deliver service notifications to internal/external audiences
- Assist with client service configurations in certification and production environments
- Assist clients with service testing and ensure all outstanding items are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Understand core elements of our operations and product strategy, and drive innovative and scalable opportunities across quality of experience, scale, instrumentation and more to the team Roadmap
- Actively prioritize product backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies
- Assist in creation/revisions of all product service documents and flows
- Provide program and project management support for major platform, product, and tool driven change initiatives
- Assist in the development of service features and business applications of our products
- Proactively review user trends to make recommendations for improvement of current processes, policies and tools
- Assist in creation of Roadmaps and Annual Operating Plan
- Identify and analyze sources of risk within our platform
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experienc
- 3 years of experience in building tools for operations
- Understanding of product management concepts
- Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and working knowledge of their applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills paired with unwavering attention to detail
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to inspire in the face of ambiguity
- Self-motivated and quick to learn new skills and operational processes
- Ability to thrive in a cross functional setting and communicate effectively with different teams at Visa
- A positive attitude, calming demeanor, and a great sense of humor
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Payment processing background is a big plus
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.