Summer or Semester Intern - Visa Consulting and Analytics
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions and Acquiring)
Some things you might work on as Visa Consulting and Analytics Intern include:
- Contribute to the delivery of consulting projects, ensuring that tasks are performed to a high standard, consulting methodologies are applied and project milestones are met.
- Support project teams by gathering, synthesizing and summarizing relevant data and information to inform consulting project work.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the project plan, scoping documents, final deliverables and may have full responsibility for project plans for smaller, discrete projects.
- Partner with stakeholders across other functional areas (e.g., product, marketing, risk, innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Liaise with clients to ensure their requirements have been captured and documented and that they are satisfied throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations to communicate recommended approaches.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree with a graduation date in 2020 or later
- Be available to pursue a Summer internship (May to July) or Semester long internship (July/August to December)
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Fluency in Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia or Korean language is a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Good problem solving capability and an ability to demonstrate passion for solving client centric problems
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.