Senior Account Manager - Client Services, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This Team works with issuers, acquirers, and processors to develop and deliver services, which includes day-to-day operations/product support.
What a Senior Account Manager does at Visa:
This role will have responsibility to provide day-to-day operational support for the Japanese clients, and will need to work with clients to support their strategic operational initiatives as well as be able to identify operational optimization opportunities for clients processing business.
- Provide a client-oriented consultancy platform to assist with the introduction of new clients and services to the market
- Building client relationships with existing and non-traditional clients and acting as a liaison between them and Visa groups to develop their operational business
- Provide insight, consultancy and operational development plans
- Educating both internal and external stakeholders and supporting them from conception through to delivery
- Perform post-implementation monitoring and report violations which require invoking the compliance program
- Act as reference point on operational issues related to new and non-traditional products and services and make decisions to implement resolutions to time critical situations
- Identify operational process improvements
- Act as an in market liaison supporting the Client Readiness team to ensure new products, services and compliance mandates are aligned with country strategy
- Considered the functional expert for processing and operational business, providing operational and product based expertise and guidance with a view to client operational readiness and effective implementation
- Assisting sales function regarding non-traditional products and services through identifying specific client opportunities, providing service based financial business cases, and education utilizing product, market and regional knowledge
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization
- To brief and train new and existing clients in aspects of compliance programs that will impact clients businesses
- Establish client support strategy in line with broader market and customer service objectives and goals
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and VisaNet services
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by team members and act as a mentor and train team members
- Support bi-annual Visanet Business Enhancement to clients assuring clients compliant with the Visa mandates of changes and no technical problems occur
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing
- Support Japan Country Strategy and Initiative
Why this is important to Visa
This role serves as a cross functional specialist having overall responsibility and accountability for the Visa operational/processing relationship within Japan providing differentiated operational support.
What you will need:
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language
- Strong local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Excellent language proficiency in business English and Japanese
What will also help:
This position is responsible for ensuring overall effective and efficient operational support and act as an advocate on behalf of Visa’s clients operational business needs to internal stakeholders. The candidate will work with clients to support their strategic operational initiatives as well as be able to identify operational optimization opportunities for clients processing business.