Senior Manager - Partner Solutions
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager - Partner Solutions, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Develop and manage solutions under development
- For solutions under development, based on assignment, develop and track business case, target markets/segments, value propositions
- Rapidly develop a sense for key client and end user needs, and develop a priority of features required to support
- Work with direct manager to make the case for various features, understand work effort, complexity and payoffs in order to develop a prioritized roadmap
- Build requirement documents for new features, and work with partners/development teams to deliver on releases
- Develop and maintain agile project plans, managing key risks and rapidly evolving plans to meet changing timelines and requirements
- Work with client teams to evangelize the sales of solutions, including development of sales collateral, custom engagements and engagements at trade shows
- Work with direct manager and other key stakeholders to develop or refine pricing, commercial terms, go to market approaches
- Manage partners and their teams to ensure roadmaps align, and partnership and commercial terms are in line with near term roadmap
- Work with internal functions to ensure partner related activities are executed, including contracts, any due diligence, onboarding, invoice and billing, etc.
Identify and develop new solutions with partner companies
- Develop new solutions in commerce and payments experiences based on unmet consumer needs, emerging commerce trends/technologies (including from PSD2 and real time payments)
- Deliver new solutions by developing value proposition, business and solutions architecture, defining method of delivery (APIs,/SDKs/custom integrations). Manage development of solution, working with design and engineering teams, moving from wireframes and prototypes to fully developed and deliverable solutions. Drive path to pilot for reference implementations
- Build custom solutions for specific requirements of Visa’s strategic merchant partners, using human-centric design and solutioning
- Work with innovation/design teams to lead merchant engagements focused on co-creating custom solutions. Orchestrate internal and external teams to drive consumer research, workshops, solutioning, prototyping and testing, and pilot implementations
Solutions function development
- As one the leaders in an emerging team, help establish, refine scope and opportunities for the solutions function, in close collaboration with key stakeholders (merchant and acquirer sales teams, product, innovation)
- Enhance Visa’s visibility with technology providers that can help grow merchant acceptance
- Develop insights on consumer needs and merchant/acquirer business trends to identify opportunities for new solutions that will differentiate Visa card payments
What we’re after…
The ideal candidate will bring deep payments expertise, demonstrable experience in developing payments solutions, client-facing skills and presence, ability to envision and drive new payments experiences, and knowledge of merchant systems, strategies and priorities. He or she will enjoy creative problem solving, has an entrepreneurial mindset, enjoys developing working prototypes and leading other solution developers, and is passionate about payments and new technologies in payments/commerce. Extensive relevant experience in product management or technology consulting, focused on payments and/or commerce, preferably in payments organisations focused on retail is preferred. Experience in small merchant solutions or instalment payments is also preferred.
- Specific experience in developing and deploying payment solutions in retail merchant environments; experience in working with acquirer products/systems or merchant POS solutions preferred
- Experience in developing strong business cases and ability to present and defend the rationale, assumptions and growth projections to senior leadership within Visa and external parties (customers and partners)
- Experience in client facing engagements, preferably in leading them. Strong communication skills with ability to engage technology teams and business managers equally well
- Knowledge in mobile application development, web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.