Senior Project Manager - Corporate IT
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Management of key project objectives, deliverables, milestones, dependencies and success criteria in collaboration with the project sponsor and other senior stakeholders.
- Ensures risks are accounted for and that an appropriate risk management process is in place and followed appropriately by the project team.
- Ownership of large project budgets, accurate project forecasting within 5% tolerance
- Provides guidance throughout the project planning and execution phases, identifying and addressing issues as encountered within a broad area of expertise.
- Manages the project board, ensuring all stakeholders are kept up-to-date on the progress of the project, potential risks and delays, budget concerns, etc.
- Anticipates issues and delays that may occur during the project and puts contingency plans in place as appropriate.
- Works with all stakeholders to understand key delivery dependencies.
- Responds to complex issues, challenges and concerns that arise during the project.
- Manages the relationship with both internal and external senior stakeholders, escalating only in the most complex situations.
- Liaises with various departments across Visa Europe as required throughout the project.
- Works with others and the use of multiple information sources to resolve complex problems to identify potential solutions and recommendations
- Explains complex issues and works with others to reach a consensus in order to achieve the project objectives/success criteria
- Acts as an escalation point for project resources and other stakeholders
- Works within existing project delivery practises and processes, challenges where appropriate and contributes to improvements
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level/equivalent professional experience (e.g. BCS International Diploma in BA)
- Senior Project management or Programme Management experience
- Direct or matrix management of large teams
- Holds relevant project management qualifications (e.g. Prince II, Agile)
- Experience and knowledge of a range of different complex projects
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven stakeholder management expertise
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.