- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking an experienced a passionate Brand Manager with an exceptional ability to understand and communicate the heart and mind behind a brand. The ideal candidate is a team player, problem solver, and idea generator with a firm understanding of how to create a brand that people remember and love. The role will sit in the Cybersource division of Visa, a global payments management platform.
The Brand Manager role will support global brand efforts from a brand rollout to brand campaigns to ensuring high quality agency execution. This role will change the way marketing supports the business in a creative transformational year. This person should be willing to smartly challenge the status quo in order to get to a net end goal of building our brand awareness, affinity, and ability to assign increased value due to brand preference. Our brand should be bold, relevant, and cut through the noise in today’s world of content and creative inundation.
This is a particularly interesting opportunity for the most talented and curious individual who is excited by getting to be a part of a year where a completely refreshed, modernized brand identity, messaging platform, and core site will be launched along with a serious thought leadership game. We are not interested in doing things the way they have always been done. Cybersource is focused on innovation and we only want innovative minds and A+ players.
This role will support product marketing, global lines of business, partner marketing, and the team it sits on (Brand & Digital). You will roll up your sleeves and get right to work supporting our brand rollout and changing the way we engage with our customers through brand LTF. It will not be boring, we promise. You’ll have the ability to be part of something interesting where you will see your direct impact rather than being just another cog in the wheel.
This role reports to the Sr. Director, Brand and Digital for Cybersource.
• Ensuring all global brand level execution is world class. Mediocre work should never make it through the gate.
• Write compelling creative briefs to internal creative team that help bring key brand moments and launches to life, seeing execution through across cross-functional channels
• Immediately rolling up your sleeves and project managing a new brand rollout.
• Evaluating and supporting our agency roster to ensure we work with the right partners and have the right coverage.
• Executing our story in all brand activations – we keep people at the heart of our business. Our customers are the heroes and we are the supporting characters.
• Mapping brand activations to intended business outcomes and associated brand and revenue related analytics.
• Managing stakeholders and creating alignment in strategy and direction.
• You will ensure quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to Visa’s business and reputational goals for all brand activities.
• This is a global support role – working with EMEA, AP, LAC and NA markets.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
• To be successful in this role, you will bring attention to detail and a keen sense of creativity.
• Include analytics in how you make decisions. Know what to look for and how to explain the results and the “so what” to stakeholders.
• A left and right brain marketer who balances quantitative-rigor and gut-led, creative thinking to drive powerful narratives
• Is into the details; doesn’t miss a beat with changing asks and balancing multiple projects
• Has the ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
• Self-motivated, self-managed. Gets stuff done – on time, on budget.
• You are a positive individual who is a team player.
• You have a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
• A creative thinker with experience working with creative teams.
• Highly organized with a passion for crafting and improving processes.
• A no task too small “doer” with a drive to see gaps and opportunities and make change happen.
• 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
• 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Primary focus of your work has been in brand, content strategy, or communications, in a fast moving environment.
• Experience in financial services or payments industry experience a plus, but not required.
• You are a results-oriented professional with proven experience in storytelling. Demonstrated experience leading and executing corporate brand programs.
• You have a strong track record of creating, managing and launching successful brand campaigns.
• You have the ability to build and nurture cross-functional relationships and foster partnerships; high degree of professionalism, courtesy and respect.
• You have proven experience managing programs and vendors to deliver efficient output and results.
• You have project management expertise; proven ability to manage budgets, timelines and internal and external resources.
• You have the ability to distill and tailor complex information for key audiences.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects, often on short deadlines and under pressure.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 30% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Portfolio should highlight variety of work across mediums.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.