Senior Product Manager – Visa Business Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team is a world-class commercial organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join our team as we expand globally. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments. We work closely with Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs and other ecosystem players to deliver these services. We believe that the market is at an inflection point whereby Visa can play a larger role in building and delivering solutions around the world. Our focus within Business Solutions is to identify needs, assess opportunities and options and quickly act upon our vision while ensuring strong execution.
Visa Hub locations and Virtual candidates will be considered
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 6 -10 years of product management/development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree are a plus. (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- You have experience with product management and product development and can operate proficiently across both disciplines. We can plug you in anywhere in the Product Lifecycle and trust that you can pick up and drive.
- Demonstrating ownership and effective communication (both verbal & written) are some of your strongest characteristics.
- You know Payments and understand the challenges our customers & partners face in the B2B space.
- You are passionate about solving problems, particularly ones that have been attempted many times before.
- You have a mind for business and a soul for technology.
- You can influence strategy and drive execution.
- You refuse to build anything without Voice of the Customer validation and you know how to go get it.
- You are an effective storyteller who is skilled in creating presentations and presenting complex topics in simple ways.
- You have experienced the nuanced complexities of launching products outside of the US.
- You can also dissect a data file, read file specs and are comfortable authoring both technical documentation and marketing collateral.
- You are Familiar with BI tools and comfortable analyzing large quantities of data. Strong Excel skills are preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with technology teams using various methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) to drive product development and delivery.
The Global B2B Acceptance Products team within VBS has responsibility for commercial products and solutions that increase acceptance globally. It is responsible for developing the strategy, products & solutions and go-to-market approach for key VBS B2B product priorities. The Manager, B2B Acceptance Products is responsible for:
- The development and launch of key acceptance solutions in the marketplace
- Manage the strategy and product roadmap of B2B Acceptance Products.
- Work cross functionally with partners from pricing, technology, account management teams, operations, client services to launch new products.
- Play a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
- Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design architects and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
- Visa Hub locations and Virtual candidates will be considered
- Incumbent must make themselves available for meetings with clients and Visa regional teams early morning and evenings occasionally as needed
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.