Senior Manager, Global Core Product Strategy
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is part of a global core product strategy team that oversees global growth initiatives for Visa's consumer credit, debit, and prepaid products. We develop and deploy scalable solutions and strategies that meet the evolving needs of our issuing clients and their consumers. The team works in a very collaborative environment with the support from an extensive cross-functional team that includes Seller Solutions, Technology, Pricing, Processing, Issuer Sales, Global Strategy, and regional/country-level Product teams.
The Senior Manager of Global Core Product Strategy will help the team expand Visa's consumer core product offerings around the world; will support the identification and deployment of global product and platform enhancements to drive growth; will develop analytically derived insights about our products and portfolios; will support the annual strategic and financial planning processes; and will research global consumer payment trends.
Our ideal candidates should have a broad perspective and understanding of the payments industry, coupled with experience supporting the growth of payments platforms and products.
• Performing research and analysis to identify key areas in which Visa can develop and deploy enhanced capabilities to our issuing clients to accelerate the growth of their Visa portfolios
• Driving the evolution of our core product platforms to support new use cases, new clients (including Fintechs), and new payment flows suitable for our consumer credit, debit, and prepaid products
• Creating actionable reporting and analytical tools to help monitor product performance and identify growth opportunities
• Providing thought leadership to global, regional, and country-level Product teams
• Supporting annual and multi-year planning efforts for the Core Product organization
• Partnering with product teams in all of Visa’s geographic regions and select key countries to drive growth initiatives and provide strategic support
• Supporting the growth of Visa’s Multi-Currency Solution product
• Supporting the global consumer credit product portfolio through qualitative and quantitative research into industry trends, consumer trends, issuer trends, and data-backed best practices Visa can recommend to clients
• Supporting other strategic projects as needed
• Travel requirements: 10% travel
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 6+ years of experience in the payments industry or in consumer financial services, ideally at a global payments network, payments consulting firm, payments card issuer, or processor
- Experience spanning strategy development, product management, market research, pricing, and related areas; understanding of issuer products, pay
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the global consumer card and payments industry from the perspectives of issuers, consumers, networks and merchants
- Experience working in a global company and partnering with international teams, coupled with awareness of market differences and commonalities around the world
- Strong strategic, quantitative, and analytical thinker; demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated track record of influencing senior stakeholders and participating in cross-functional working groups
- Willingness to challenge the status quo with logic, backed by data and research, in order to drive a culture of constant improvement
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a keen ability to turn data into insights and recommendations
- MBA degree preferred
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.