Head of Value Added Services Solutions - Real Time Payments – Senior Director
- Foster, CA 96027, USA
San Francisco / Foster City
The Real-Time Payments team at Visa focuses on building and deploying innovative solutions to modernize account based payments around the world.
The Head of RTP VAS Solutions will lead the creation and development of the VAS Solutions team within the Global RTP Value Added Services Product team. The role will evangelize and guide cross-functional teams towards a common goal of delivering integrated products and solutions for account based real-time payment networks that clients will love. This includes understanding market needs, identifying opportunities, developing services and platforms, and ultimately be responsible for the commercialization of these services.
The successful candidate will be a proven product leader, and be responsible for driving awareness and engagement initiatives against clear business metrics. In addition, the candidate must be highly collaborative, strategic, customer oriented and bring a structured & disciplined approach.
- Lead the RTP VAS Solutions team, by setting clear goals and expectations as a key part of managing performance to drive business outcomes·
- Develop/source and rollout integrated VAS solutions for account based real-time payment networks, by working closely with clients, technology teams, and other business partners
· Manage the product strategy, product roadmap and commercialization efforts
· Develop marketing collateral, communications plan and client facing materials
· Develop and maintain senior relationships with current and prospective RTP clients
· Manage the development and support of enhancements and work with technical, operational and business teams on service implementations and support
· Identify and manage partnerships and other efforts with companies and providers within the VAS space
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
· Minimum 12+ years of experience with product development or strategy in payments, financial services, consulting or fintechs
· Strong functional background in payments technology and ecosystem with knowhow of money movement, funds flow and tokenization
· Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
· Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
· Overall strong analytical, quantitative, commercial, project management and interpersonal skills with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks
· Strong communication and presentation skills: ability to interact with senior management and all stakeholders at all levels of the organization, internally and externally
· Project management experience
15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Strong product and strategic background with good understanding of payments industry, Treasury Management and/or real time/ACH payments
- Experience with ISO 20022
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available to support clients during core business hours and during global time zones.
Travel Requirements: This position requires approximately 10% to 25% of travel.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.