Senior Technical Project Manager-Agile Transformation Program Lead
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa’s Corporate IT organization is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; To build, operate, and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced and innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
We prioritize delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
The CIT Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Senior Director, Senior Technical Project Manager to deliver technology solutions used to support a global Agile transformation program. This is a highly visible leadership and customer facing position ensuring planning, execution and monitor/control processes are aligned for effective delivery of projects. He or she coaches and facilitates teams through the systems engineering life cycle using and works cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are effectively developed and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope, create estimates, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, Visa senior management, technology vendors, and financial institutions and strategic partners, as needed.
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project costs are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Keep project status updated in project management tools and maintain meticulous records (e.g., project financials, schedule, issues, risks, change control decisions)
- Provide support to PMO management for integrated planning activities, project portfolio reporting and coordination
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
To learn more about Visa's Corporate IT Organization, visit vi.sa/Corp_IT_careers
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 4 years experience as a Program/Project Manager, SCRUM Master, Project Leader, working with technical teams developing enterprise class solutions
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Excellent ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills
- Experience with Agile Application Lifecycle Management and development tools like Rally, Confluence Wiki and JIRA.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering life cycle (SELC) principles and practices
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence change at higher levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity simultaneously with a high degree of competency
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define, document and improve product/program planning processes
- Project Management Professional (PMP®), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), Certified Product Owner (CPO), and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications are preferred
- Experience with online/ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems are a plus
- Responsible for planning, executing, tracking and managing cost, schedule, and scope on all projects
- Responsible for all customer communication throughout the systems engineering life cycle
- Identifies and manages the risks associated with projects and programs to achieve project success
- Uses strong business and technical knowledge to implement solutions to impediments, keeping projects on track
- Works closely with other departments and partners to ensure on-time delivery of critical projects and programs
- Responsible for project and program reporting at the team level as well as for managers and executives
- Drive improvements in systems engineering practices/processes within his/her teams
- Drives the adoption of key engineering practices like Innovation, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of team members on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership of the sales (opportunity) pipeline and associated activities
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- Incumbent must make themselves available occasionally to support teams in our European and Asia Pacific offices.