Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
We are seeking a Cybersecurity Professional to join the Global Access Management team within Cybersecurity and be responsible for securing employee access to our core applications in the most efficient, compliant and user-friendly manner, innovatively using the latest industry standards and tools. As the operations arm of the IAM Program, the team executes the end-to-end identity and access management activities for Visa critical platforms and select applications, particularly those that are subject to regulatory requirements, i.e. SOX, FFIEC, SSAE 18, and PCI DSS. This position will focus on essential IAM services, i.e. onboarding, transfer, off-boarding, and revalidation processes.
- Provide security related access management support for world class IBM z/OS operating system using IBM’s award-winning Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) and zSecure reporting tool.
- Provide security access management support for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) NonStop (Tandem) operating systems using industry leader, XYPRO Xygate security product (XAC, XOS, XPQ, and XHE).
- Work with other Information Security professionals to identify automation opportunities, design and develop solutions to streamline manual processes, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate and support a variety of IT and Business Team Users throughout the company across the globe with IAM services.
- Provide high quality Access Management Security service through use of access request processing, meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA), troubleshooting and resolving access related incidents.
- Manage security related procedures for z/OS and HPE NonStop/Tandem systems using today’s latest collaboration tools such as Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Wiki.
- Proactively identify audit and compliance access related issues to reduce the risk of security exposures on the supported systems and applications; coordinate access management related audit and compliance tasks, such as user access reporting and remediation.
- Ensure high quality support by having flexibility to accommodate and support security related changes to servers and applications during maintenance windows as needed.
- Participate in global team on-call support to provide excellent customer service and gain exposure to other operating systems managed by our Cybersecurity IAM team.
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and implement solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines.
- Be a self-motivated and results oriented individual with an attention to driving aggressive project timelines and schedules to completion.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to develop, maintain and foster constructive relationships with others.
- Dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of how complex Cybersecurity tools, technologies, frameworks and other systems fit together and operate as a whole.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge of security requirements, tools and technologies and ensures compliance with the process, policies in meeting Customer SLA’s.
- Articulate with reasoning the processes and policies to the customer as it applies to their request.
- Be adaptable to learn quickly about new technologies.
- A minimum of 4 years Computer Management and/or Information Security job related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Understanding of information security principles and IT infrastructure including operating systems, applications, communications and network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and present.
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational skills; attention to detail is a must
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in cybersecurity and/or related fields
- Must have : Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) NonStop (Tandem) operating systems
- ITIL, CISM, CISSP or other comparative information security certifications
- Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, MS Outlook or equivalent)
- Knowledge of network and systems architecture, operating systems, and applications.
- Good working knowledge of Identity Access Management lifecycle and processes.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. Incumbent may be required to attend meetings outside core business hours to support Global Team or Project meetings.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones, headsets, and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Think you have what it takes?
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.
Visa is strongly committed to equal opportunity and strives to fully align with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That’s our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.