Business Advisor / Consultant
- London, UK
Job Title: Business Advisor / Consultant
Job Code: REF25932L
Skill Category: Regional Sales
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Friday 14th February 2020
Closing Date: Friday 13th March 2020
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
If you think you could support Visa as a Business Advisor (Consultant) UK&I, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- Support the identification of opportunities, which have the potential to improve clients businesses.
- Support the delivery of high quality consultancy engagements in the UK and Ireland cluster.
- Help to intensify the business relationships between Visa and its key clients.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will understand our clients’ business objectives, needs, plans etc. together with the UK and Ireland client engagement team
- You will develop and proposals for projects and support in the design of the business solutions
- You will support the delivery and implementation of consultancy engagements to clients (as assigned).
- You will support the project management and delivery of projects either through self-delivery or working with internal or external staff as appropriate
- You will support the project management and delivery of analytics solutions and data insights together with our Data Science team
- You will work to agreed budgets and timeframes and ensure high standard of delivery.
- You will look for business development opportunities with our clients and with the client lead realise opportunities.
- You will provide insights regarding the future of payment and retail banking to our clients and partners
- You will leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Visa Innovation and Data Sciences team
- You`ll support Visa Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing skills, tools and innovative methodologies on personal and team level
- BS/BA (preferably economics, finance or business), or hold equivalent professional experience
- Previous consulting experience (preferably client-facing experience in strategy or management consulting firms)
- Previous experience in the payments industry and Visa
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of Visa Europe and its products and services
- Deep Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Commercial Acumen – being able to spot an opportunity and drive value for Visa and the Client
- Self-starter and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the payments business and/or financial services
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at various levels within the business
- Excellent (creative) PowerPoint skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
- Good Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Excellent report writing skills (ability to tell a simple ‘story’ involving complex issues)
- Knowledge of Visa Products, services and transaction flows
- Excellent understanding of transnational data, Visa data and alternative data sources
- Advanced data skills (ability to use Excel and manipulate data)
- Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviours
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Ability to travel