Senior Software Engineer
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Real-Time Payments focuses on building and deploying innovative technologies to modernise payments around the world. To affect this global transformation, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated payment solutions for specific marketplaces.
Senior Software Engineer role is for seasoned engineers who have played major roles in building complex, large-scale platforms. Depending on the interest, past experience and skill-set, the role provides flexibility to an individual to make a huge impact through domain or technical expertise or transition into leading large engineering teams.
This is a challenging role requiring the ability to technically execute large and complex projects, help design mission-critical high-volume low-latency services and provide hands on development and mentorship to team members. The role will collaborate with product partners to understand the business landscape to design and deliver the platform in a phased manner.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Lead in developing best in class web application – shipping features end-to-end from UI to Backend.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and take initiative to structure the ask and deliverables.
- Drive the design and development for key cross team / cross-region / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing key modules).
- Ensure that the platform is built with common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
- Develop systems that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Define deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
- Ability to work closely with business teams to translate design and wireframes to high quality code.
- Quickly prototype and design new features.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa.
What we’re after…
- Experienced web engineer with mid-level software development experience including development lead experience.
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems and follow solutions through to completion
- Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
- Strong experience in front end build pipelines and tools like Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Exposure to Microservices, DDD based development, authentication & authorisation mechanisms, benchmarking and optimisation.
- Demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile and other development methodologies.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.