Senior Technology Supplier Analyst
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Technology Supplier Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for supporting the management of technology suppliers to Visa in Europe, with focus on the Critical Service Providers (CSPs) to ensure that the delivery of technology to internal and external European customers is maintained, and that legal and regulatory expectations are met.
Provide direct support to the European Technology Supplier Managers, whilst working closely with the other teams within the European Technology Governance team, and with technology specialists.
Provide supplier management administration and maintain reporting and operational governance artefacts, to ensure supplier management and due diligence, and so Visa Europe can fulfil its governance commitments within technology.
In order to do this, the role requires specialist in-depth expertise of supplier management, commercial engagement, and reporting and data analysis methodologies and tools. The role is required to communicate with a range of stakeholders at different levels, from line management, technical groups, business representatives, and other service management functions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Maintain the required governance schedule for meetings and reports, including work to ensure that agendas, meeting notes, action trackers etc. are current and accurate
- Maintain a detailed understanding of supplier products and services, contracts and operational schedules including change control notices
- Maintain a detailed awareness of the supplier roadmaps, deliverables, and tasks
- Support the Visa Technology Supplier Mangers, to ensure that suppliers are managed in line with Visa policy and procedures and regulatory compliance
- Engage with suppliers and provide support to the Visa Technology Supplier Managers, to maintain supplier relationships
- Provide analysis on supplier performance, managing the measurement and validation of service levels and key performance indicators, with reports and performance dashboards
- Support the management of updates and papers on all aspects of supplier management, including records management of assets, reporting, and commercial contracts etc.
- Review and challenge performance and process improvement reports, in order to maintain compliance and drive improvement in the delivery of technology, commercial terms, and operational efficiencies
- Manage Visa’s key risk indicators and operational risk registers on/with suppliers; monitoring and tracking performance and supporting remediation where necessary
- Review service incidents within the supplier’s environment, and track problem management resolution to ensure that root cause is identified and remediated
- Support the Technology Reporting team, to ensure that performance information is timely, accurate, and is able to challenge supplier performance reporting
- Identify data or reporting inconsistencies prior to publication, and explain and justify, or flag and resolve potential issues, preempting stakeholder feedback and ensuring communications are maintained
- Support the management of internal stakeholders, from operational Technology teams to senior management, with proactive engagement to ensure that communications are open and effective
- Collaborate with Procurement, Finance, Compliance, Operational Risk, Supplier Risk, and Legal to ensure input-to and influence-of the vendor selection and management strategy
What we’re after…
- Supplier relationship, vendor, and governance management and oversight
- Contract and commercial management (contract drafting, negotiation, etc.)
- Knowledge-of or exposure-to financial services and/or technology
- Understanding of technology operations and network management
- Ability to conduct complex data analysis and apply technical knowledge to produce meaningful, timely and accurate insights into service performance
- Experience of working in a global and matrix structure organisations
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and then explain information, viewing the bigger-picture of actions and implications
- Strong customer focus, and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.