Senior Director, Strategic US Retail Merchants
- New York, NY, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, U.S. Retail Merchants, will report to the Vice-President, U.S. Retail (Supermarket & Drug) and retain overall responsibility for developing and growing relationships with a small number of large, complex, strategic retail merchants (Incl. Ahold-Delhaize, Publix, Wakefern, Aldi & Trader Joe’s). This position is responsible for deepening the relationship and expanding Visa products and service offerings and negotiating contractual arrangements. The ideal candidate will have significant expertise in the merchant business, managing large clients, as well as the ability to work effectively with internal and external partners to bring solutions to merchants. We are looking for a determined self-starter who is a creative problem solver, deals with complex challenges and ambiguity effectively and is a proven sales professional.
** The position can be located in New York City or San Francisco.
This sales role has direct accountability for results and activities with retail merchants.
- Account ownership and strong leadership of large, sophisticated retail merchants. Strengthen and manage relationship with senior executives.
- Consult with merchants to identify pain points and bring in SMEs and the best of Visa to address challenges and business issues. Maintain a high performing consultative sales approach with focus, accountability, and high levels of engagement and pro-activity
- Develop and execute customized account plans to increase sales volume, market share and relevance within the retail portfolio.
- Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate.
- Provide strategic value to customers including leveraging trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions and approaches.
- Develop strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market needs.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the sales management and direction of the business.
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met and Visa supports the merchant’s growth.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with merchants for accepting and deploying Visa products and services.
- Continuously review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business.
- Collaborate with the product management team and many other internal functions regarding new product development, new services and expansion opportunities
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer's business.
- Actively lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum 15 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with merchant clients, particularly with senior executives across different functions.
- Exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with senior executives inside and outside of Visa, and effectively represent Visa and its purpose
- Strong industry knowledge of POS and eCommerce acceptance solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on translating insights, product information and data into client value.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence people both internally and externally, particularly senior executives
- Skilled story-teller with experience communicating the benefits of Visa’s products and solutions
- Proven ability to plan, manage and close large-scale, complex, competitive sales effort and negotiate business agreements.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for a major segment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measures business performance including P&L responsibility and accurately forecasting major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30-40% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.