Chief Network Architect – Merger & Acquisitions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Chief Network Solutions Architect, you provide strategic network architecture leadership across several projects focused on integrating key merger & acquisitions into Visa’s portfolio. You excel at hands on work with architects and product development team partners on large and complex infrastructure projects as part of Merger and Acquisition (M&A) engagements. You understand business imperatives tied to strategic projects, are comfortable providing technology leadership and acting as technical expert on strategic projects. Your experience with complex enterprise architecture stack analysis is key in guiding the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management and marketing tools. You are comfortable maintaining awareness of dependencies between technical feasibility, project priority and delivery vision, while ensuring architecture and engineering excellence. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
- Drive network solutions architecture role for key Merger and Acquisition (M&A) engagements across Operations and Infrastructure and product development teams via architecture/design documents and developing key delivery and integration plans.
- Ensure that relevant project teams follow a common set of architectural principles, and standardized technology frameworks aligned with our long-term architecture.
- Provide leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Mentor and build world-class high-performing architecture and engineering teams.
- Apply architecture best practices to facilitate M&A standardization and integration velocity.
- Develop architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Influence enterprise technology selection and provide input as part of early M&A engagement.
- Define deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through presentations across Visa.
- Contribute to key Visa O&I technology initiatives.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Comp or Electrical Engineering, Science, or Math
- 5 years of experience in network architecture, engineering or development including experience in network architecture frameworks and solutions for service provider or large enterprise networks.
- A proven background and recent experience in modern networking architecture practice including experience in network design/operations for campus, DC and WAN environments leveraging leading networking technologies across multi-vendor deployments (Arista, Cisco, Juniper, Dell.)
- Solid technical understanding of IP and transport protocols, QoS techniques and common routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP etc.)
- Experience in cloud networking (public, private and hybrid) technologies, particularly in the context of AWS (Azure and GCP a plus.) Experience with AWS migration/integration projects a plus.
- Experience in designing and operating SD-WAN solutions in support of the enterprise (preferred multi-vendor experience).
- Good understanding of networking tooling applications and networking ancillary services (DNS, NTP) and best practices in this area.
- Background in delivering solutions tied to regulatory obligations in the financial sector (e.g. PCI-DSS.)
- Experience in recently delivering on complex M&A networking integrations.
- Experience with networking best practices, in particular networking security best practices, firewalling/VPN experience (esp. NGFW’s Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA/FirePower.)
- Understanding of compute virtualization in the Campus and DC (VMware, containerization etc.), SaaS/PaaS/Iaas – Office365, SFDC etc.
- Understanding and experience in DC virtualization techniques, DCI, WAN optimization and ADC (e.g. F5/Silverpeak.)
- Advanced certifications a plus: CCDE, CCIE/CCNP (R&S or SP/Security), AWS certified advanced networking, AWS certified solution arch., MS-Azure certified solutions arch. etc..
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.