Marketing Manager, North America Strategy and Operations
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. Our relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Manager on the North America Marketing Strategy & Operations team, you’ll be charged with defining and delivering strategic insights, reports and analyses to the broader NA Marketing team and key stakeholders across North America and Global Marketing & Communications, including senior executives. This is a unique role: you’ll need problem solving expertise, excellent communication skills and executive presence, and a strong desire to drive improvement in how marketing drives the business. Our team is part of the North America Marketing organization and there are opportunities to grow in many directions— becoming a marketing strategist, or helping drive the innovation agenda for marketing, or executing world-class marketing campaigns. If you’re creative, analytical, detail-oriented, collaborative and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to talk to you.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5-8 or more years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters Degree or MBA preferrred
- Experience in Marketing, Consulting or Research
- Excellent problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor applied to a wide variety of business and marketing problems
- You are highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas and performing data analysis, while also building executive presentations
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills; you create visually clear, concise, and insightful work product and are comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- You are a relationship builder who earns the trust and rapport of partners at multiple levels
- You have proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations and a fast paced and matrixed environment
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects and quick to adapt to shifting priorities
- Team-oriented (as part S&O / Card team and broader NA Marketing organization) and collaborative, driven and resourceful, innovative and curious, positive and proactive – always looking for ways to do things better
- You will own and manage your work product. Lead projects or major project workstreams with limited oversight
- Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive North America Marketing priorities, in collaboration with broader team and key partners across M&C, NA, Finance, Legal, Sourcing etc.
- Lead or support workstreams related to planning and budget management, including annual planning, addressing budget tasks from Finance, managing headcount, developing business cases for incremental spend, identifying and tracking procurement savings etc.
- You will develop and track annual goals for the NA Marketing team, including partnering with team to set the right targets and reconciling goals with business and global function
- You will assist with operational initiatives for the NA Marketing team, such as team communications, weekly bullets, trainings, All Staffs etc.
- You will develop content and decks for executive presentations
- Partner with Research and Analytics teams to develop a robust understanding of various ways that we measure marketing effectiveness and drive improvements to the process (e.g. Brand Health program)
- You will partner with Research and Analytics teams to develop actionable consumer and competitive insights that would inform marketing strategies
- You will identify, develop and implement new process improvements in support of business, including responses to Audit or Operational Risk findings
- You will support priority strategic initiatives (e.g. marketing services pipeline)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10%.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law