Sr. Staff System Analyst
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Sr. Staff Systems Analyst is responsible for the support of the Visa TPF/VIP Authorization system in a multi-datacenter and multi-processing environment. They are responsible for second level problem determination and recovery of the VIP Applications, Operating Systems, services and customer related issues.
The Sr. Staff Systems Analyst will facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible for tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations, Global Network Operations, Production Services and Global Support teams to ensure all VIP related services are operational and not causing member impact.
- Works closely with Account Management, Application Support and the Regions when dealing with Member/Application issues.
-Ongoing/Proactive analysis of TPF/VIP Systems and applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures.
-Coordinates all TPF/VIP implementations.
-Serve as mentor and knowledge transfer for VIP Operations and junior peers.
- Applies their programming skills to develop system tools.
- 24x7x365 Coverage, including ability to work nightshifts as required
- Handle all calls coming into the Coverage ACD system
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience with supporting TPF Operating Systems, including exposure to z/TPF
- Ability to analyze and resolve z/TPF dumps
- Knowledge of TPF database utilities (Recoup, PDU, Data collection etc.)
- Exposure to TPF Middleware products (IBM MQ Series)
- Experience in working with VM/MVS systems, IBM TPF Toolkit, REXX language/scripting
- Experience with C++, ASP.NET, XML and SOAP architectures is a plus
- Candidate should be comfortable in dealing with peer groups, including Account Management, Client Configuration, and other technical teams from surrounding environments (Open Systems, Project Management, Network Engineering and TPF Development)
- Act as an SME in designated Project assignments directed at TPF Coverage/Operations
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.