Visa Direct Sales Leader
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Direct Sales team is a newly created team within the Visa Merchant Sales and Acquiring organisation, focused on commercialization and scaling of the Visa Direct solution. You will be part of the Regional Client Management team in Asia-Pacific, working with a dynamic team in hub and markets.
The Visa Direct Sales Leader will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct in one or more high priority countries in the Asia Pacific region. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payments and one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading sales partners to achieve aggressive sales targets and ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct in market. The Visa Direct Sales Leader reports to the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader.
Why this is important to Visa
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
Projects you will be a part of:
As the Visa Direct Sales Leader, you will own the execution and:
- Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct in the target markets
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant and acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structuring to contracting
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead generation and prospecting program, and ensure good response to new leads coming in
Drive four key work streams for Visa Direct growth:
- Work with existing Visa merchants and their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Identify and sell to acquirers, processors, gateways and FinTechs (i.e., “Enablers”) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering and sell to their merchant portfolios
Work with cross functional partners in the country to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients:
- Partner with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy and ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent and help accelerate the learning and sales process
- Collaborate with the Communications and Product teams share progress and growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling and incentive deal review structure and approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa and our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation and ensure well-run projects
Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process in the country:
- Lead regular pipeline review and problem solving sessions with the sales teams and help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
Ensure sellers are ready and able to sell Visa Direct to clients:
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial and ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about and have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot and overcome client objections
- Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
What you will need:
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to influence and drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
What will also help:
- Ideally payments technology, digital payments, eCommerce and payment service provider industry experience
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus