IT SOX Staff Auditor
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Controllership Overview
Global Controllership ensures the integrity and accuracy of the consolidated Visa Inc. financial statements and local statutory financial statements around the world. We aim to do so by partnering and collaborating with the business and other Finance functions, providing excellent customer service, while also strengthening Visa’s global financial control environment through effective operating policies, procedures and controls. We provide support to Visa’s business operations in a broad range of functional areas including revenue and client incentive operations, financial close, technical accounting and SEC reporting, tax, financial systems and internal controls. Global Controllership is driven by its four core values. These core values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation, or person to person, but rather are the underpinning of our company culture. Our four core values are: 1) Excellence in Execution; 2) Constant Enhancement; 3) Ownership; and, 4) Balance. The team of 400+ is largely represented in Foster City with local Controllership teams spread across multiple geographies, helping to drive greater control through cross-training and staff development, as well as greater efficiency through leveraging economies of scale.
Visa Inc. is seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior IT SOX Auditor on the SOX team, which is part of Global Controllership. This is an individual contributor role on a team of 6, reporting to the Director, Head of SOX. The SOX team works in a collaborative manner and the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and COSO framework, experience with manual and automated business process controls, and a willingness to share ideas and identify solutions to maintain an efficient SOX program and a reliable control environment, which is critical to the success of the team.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing and/or IT related areas or a combination of the experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Accounting
- CISA, CISM and/or CIA certifications or passed certification exam
- Experience in the execution of the field work of SOX audit. Must have strong IT audit or IT controls experience
- Good understanding of risks and controls for Information Technology
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker and dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.